11) I Just Can't.

"Uh. It's Luke. He's been in an accident." As soon as I heard his words, I rushed out of the room, hopping in the car and he drove up to the car accident.

"Oh my gosh" I whispered under my breath as I looked over everything. Lukes car jammed into a tree, flipped sideways. Cops and ambulance were circled around the scene, all I can hear is sirens and cops talking through walkie talkies. I search to find Luke, to make sure he's okay. One of the ambulance doors were wide open and nurses were circling around, handling something. I saw him laying down on the bed thingy they put people on. I ran up to him with Michael following behind.

"Excuse me, you can't be here" one of the nurses tried pushing us away.

"We are his friends and he's on tour so we are his family. So please just let us see him." Michael begged her.

"Sir. I'm sorry, we have to take him to the hospital now" she got in the ambulance and drove away. I couldn't stop the tears from flowing down my face.

"Let's go" Michael hugged me and brought me to the car.

We pulled up to the emergency room, Calum and Katelynn were already sitting down. Their heads shot up when they saw us.

"He's going to be okay, they are trying everything they can" Katelynn tried to console me but it was no use, I wish that I would have been there to do something. To stop it from happening. She brought me to one of the seats, handing me some water.

"Thanks" I slightly smiled, I could feel my eyes getting droopy but I kept them open, I can't fall asleep.

Eventually Katelynn fell asleep, then Michael. Me and Calum stayed up, drinking energy drinks to keep ourselves awake.

"Hey I'm going to the restroom" I told Calum and he nodded, still having a worried look on his face. I looked in the mirror, my hair was messy, mascara running and I looked like crap. I wet a towel and wiped my mascara off and ran my fingers through my hair. Once I got out the bathroom, Michael was standing in front of the door.

"Hey, um the nurse said we could go see him-" I ignored the rest of his statement and ran through the doors.

"Excuse me ma'am, do you know where Luke Hemmings room is?" I anxiously waited for the front desk lady to tell me.

"You aren't some crazed fan are you?" She looked up at me.

"No. I'm his friend" I got a little aggravated, I just want to get to his room.

"Okay, it's room 23b" I ran to the room, and stopped at the door, taking a deep breath and opening it slowly.

"Hello?" I walked in, and Calum and Katelynn were standing by him, and I realized Michael was behind me. Luke was sleeping in his bed.

"Um, Les, you didn't let me finish. Uh. Luke's in uh..a coma" he gave me a sympathetic look.

"When will he wake up?" I started walking towards his bed.

"They said they don't know, sometimes it can be months before he wakes up." I didn't know what to say, I just stared at his body, laying there, a couple bruises on his face. A bandage wrapped around his hand, his leg broken with a cast around it, lifted up on a pillow.

"You okay Les?" Katelynn rubbed my back.

"Yea. I..I guess" I couldn't look away from Luke.

After a while, Michael and Katelynn went into the waiting room. Me and Cal stayed in his room, considering there is one bed and a chair that someone can sleep on. But we both couldn't sleep, I was still on a plastic chair next to his bed, looking at him, dried tears on my face, more mascara on my cheeks. But I still didn't bother wiping them off or even moving from my position. I just couldn't. There was a bang on the wall, all I did was move my eyes up a little to see Calum standing there, crying but looking mad. He slid his back down the wall.