{8}

Xavier P.O.V.

Waking up and seeing that Carmen isn't in my arms I start running through the house seeing if she is still in the house. Running out to the car I start speeding through lanes trying to get to Carmen's house making sure she is okay. Pulling into her drive way I sit on the hood of my car calling her phone. "Hello," she says quietly "Carmen" I say knowing it's her already. "Yeah it's me" she reply's moving around in the background "I'm outside, can you come out," trying to get my anger under control. "Um, yeah I will be out in a minute," she says with confusion and hesitancy. Watching her walk towards I feel my anger start getting worse. "Why'd you leave," I ask with confusion in my voice "I had to get home my dad called wondering where I was," she lies straight to my face with no hesitancy. "Are you going to tell me the truth or are you going to keep lying about everything you say," I ask with anger in my voice and probably my eyes as well. "What are you talking about," she asks with confusion evident in her eyes.

"Just then you lied about why you left and you still haven't told me how you got all those bruises around your ribs and back," I yell with absolute fury. "You said you wouldn't ask till I was ready to tell you everything," she says with tears in her eyes. I sigh knowing that she won this argument "I can't just sit here while you get hurt," I say defeated. "I'm not getting hurt, I'm okay, I promise you that," she says with guilt.

"Go on a date with me" I say trying to make her feel better "Was that a demand or a offer," Carmen reply's with a smirk on her face. "An offer, but I am hoping it's a yes," I say with a nervous smile. "Yes, I will go on a date with you Xavier," Carmen says with a smile. I smile and pick her up and twirl her, but immediately stop when she winces. Shit the bruises! I think to myself as I sit her back down. "Let me see them please," I say with sadness in my voice. Carmen looks up at me tears streaming down her face as she slowly lifts the sweatshirt to show her whole stomach. When I see the black and blue bruises littering her stomach I can't explain the fury that went through my body. "I can't" I say as i turn around and walking back to my car. "wait, Xavier please," I hear Carmen say as her voice cracks. I look over my shoulder as I get into my car and see her with tears streaming down her face as she hold her stomach. Getting into my car I drive away as fast as possible, so I don't do something stupid I might regret later.

Carmen P.O.V.

The look in his eyes as he saw the bruises told me everything I needed to know. He's disgusted with me. I thought to myself watching as his car drives down the road. Dropping to the ground screaming out in pain not from my bruises, but from my heart. The feeling of it getting ripped out of my chest as I realize that no one would want me. Crying outside for half an hour I realize that I can never be happy, this is what my life is going to be forever. Getting up slowly and walking towards the door knowing this is my destiny. Opening the front foor I see Jack standing there with a beer bottle in his hands. "Who the f*ck was that," he asks calmly. "No one important," I say with honesty knowing Xavier wants nothing to do me anymore after seeing the bruises. "You lieing b*tch," Jack sneers as he throws the beer bottle at my head.

Opening my eyes to the bright light shining through the window I get up holding my head at the pounding in it. Grabbing my phone from my back pocket as I walk up stairs I realize I am an hour late for school. Not caring I take my time getting ready since I am already late. Taking a long shower for once hoping it would calm down the pounding, I step out and brush my teeth. As I start walking in my closet I see Xavier's hoodie sitting on my desk chair and make a mental note to return it later. I pick a grey knit sweater with black skinny jeans that have rips on the knees and slip on my air force 1.

   Walking out the door towards the school I think of how I am going to return Xavier's hoodie to him

Walking out the door towards the school I think of how I am going to return Xavier's hoodie to him. Forgetting about that for a moment I put it into my locker for later, I make my way down the all towards the front office to get a late slip. Opening the door to the classroom all the eyes look toward me and gasp at the busted lip I have. Rolling my eyes I pass the teacher the slip and go sit in the back and look out the window. When the bell for lunch rings I don't feel hungry, so I go outside and sit under a tree to think and without realizing it I let a tear slip down my face. Not wanting to be at school anymore I go to my locker grab Xavier's hoodie I go out to his car and sit it on the hood and quickly write a note "Dear Xavier, I know you must hate me right now and that's okay, but it didn't feel right to keep your hoodie knowing you don't want anything to do with me anymore after seeing past my walls. I know that  the date is cancelled, but thank you for making me happy even if it was a few minutes. With lots of love Carmen. Goodbye<3" I slide the note into the hoodie and walk back towards my house not looking back once.