{16}

Xavier P.O.V.

The morning after Carmen shows she me her bruises I get word that one of my shipments got ambushed in London and I have to go down there myself to sort it all out. I dropped Carmen off at her house hoping she will be protected at home while I am out of town. I don't know how long I'll be gone, but I can't tell Carmen so she won't be worried about me. Driving to my private jet I think about how Carmen could've gotten those bruises and even what to looked like whip marks on her back. I'm not going to push her to tell she'll just come tell me when ever she is ready.

Carmen P.O.V.

When Xavier drops me off at my house I don't see Jack's car in the driveway and I feel my heart beat calming down knowing I'll have some time before I get beaten again for not coming home. Walking up the stairs to my room I start to think how Xavier was really quiet on the way here It's probably since he saw my bruises, I think to myself. Hearing the front door slam shut I wince knowing what's about to come. Making my way downstairs I see Jack coming out of the kitchen with a scowl on his face. "Where the f*ck were you last night," Jack says as he punches me in the ribs. "I stayed with a friend," I say quickly hoping he'd stop. "Did I say you could go," He sneers in my face hanging to a handful of my hair "No sir," I say hoping it'd help to calm him down. "Get out of my face you b*tch," he yells letting go of me. I shake my head quickly and run up the stairs and go into my room.

A week later...

Sitting on my bed with tears running down my face letting myself feel sorry for myself I'm so pathetic, I say to myself wiping away the tears from thinking about last week when Xavier dropped me off he hasn't showed up to school or even to my house or spoken to me Probably since he doesn't want anything to do with you, my inner self said and I agree. Since I showed him my bruises and scars he hasn't showed up to school or contacted me for a week so far. I shake my head hoping to get rid of my thoughts as I make my ways downstairs towards the sound of the door slamming shut. "I'm going to kill you," Jack sneers as he grabs a handful of my hair and starts punching me in my stomach and face repeatedly "Did you really think you could hide that you were wh*ring around with Xavier Knight," he yells dropping me to floor and making his way into the kitchen.

I roll onto my side to see Jack making his way back towards me with a knife in his right hand. Bending down to my level he stabs me into my left thigh making me scream out in pain. Raising to my full height keeping the knife in my thigh I stand in front of him as he pulls a pistol from his jeans waistband. Closing my eyes I wait for the gun to go off, but instead I hear the front door open "What the hell," I hear Xavier's voice say. I look behind me to see him standing in the door way "Might as well kill you both," jack sneers and points the gun at Xavier, as I see him put pressure on the trigger I stand in front of Xavier and feel the bullet go through my right shoulder.

I feel myself dropping to the floor, but I feel arms warp around me from behind and someone fall with me "I'm so sorry," I look up and see Xavier with tears running down his face looking at me. "I'm okay," I say with a slight smile on my face "How do you consider this okay," he yells trying to the stop bleeding on my wounds. I let out a cough and smile at him "Because you're okay," I say as I feel myself slipping into unconsciousness "I love you," I hear as I close my eyes letting darkness take over.

Xavier P.O.V.

Getting off the jet I make my way to my car excited to go see Carmen after a long and stressful week away from her. Pulling into her driveway I hear a scream and start running to the door "What the hell," I say as I see Carmen standing there with her dad standing in front of her with a gun pointed at her. She looks at me and I see her bruised and bloody face "Might as well kill you both," I hear her dad say and points the gun at me. Hearing the piston go off I see Carmen stand in front off me and take the bullet for me. I wrap my arms around and drop to the floor hanging onto her body.

"I'm so sorry," I say feeling the tears run down my face not caring who sees them "I'm okay," Carmen says with a slight smile on her face "How do you consider this okay," I yell putting my hands on her wounds trying to stop the bleeding. Carmen lets out a cough and smiles up at me and says "Because you're okay." I see her eyes start to close as I say "I love you," and feel her body go limp in my arms. As I feel myself bubbling in anger I look up at her father and see him with a smile on his face I grab my pistol from my waistband and shoot him in the thigh. I grab my phone quickly and call my men to come get him and put him the dungeons while I pick up Carmen and rush her into my car and take her to the hospital.