{17}

Carmen P.O.V.

   Smelling disinfectants I can already tell that I'm in a hospital room opening my eyes I remember everything that happened with Xavier coming back. I start to hyperventilate thinking that Xavier might be hurt I feel tears running down my face. Hearing the door open I see Xavier standing there with a shocked face I stand up and run to him and jump on him to were my legs are wrapped around his waist and my arms are around his neck. "I thought you were hurt," I mumble against his neck hanging tighter to him trying to calm down my heartbeat "What the h*ll Carmen," he yells trying to sit me down, but I hang on tighter "Don't," I say feeling tears run down my face. I hear him let out a sigh and he lightly sets me down on the bed and puts his hand on my cheek and rubs my cheek with the pad of his thumb.

"What were you thinking," he mumbles looking me in the eyes. Hoping to lighten the mood I smile and say "Which time." He removes his hand and backs away from me "I'm f*cking serious Carmen, you stood in front of a bullet that was meant for me," he yells "Don't you think I know what I did. I've had worse," I yell back, but mumble the last part . "What the hell do you mean you've had worse," he questions with a confused face. Watching his face expressions change from confusion to anger he says "The bruises and scars you showed me," I shake my head yes and stand up to go to the bathroom. "Where the hell are you going," Xavier says grabbing ahold of my wrist.

"To the bathroom besides why do you do care," I say with attitude back. I yank my wrist out of his hold and go into the bathroom grabbing the bag of clothes that are sitting on the couch to change. Going into the bathroom I take a quick shower and brush my teeth looking at my body that still has scars and fading bruises on it. I open the bag and grab a pair of black ripped skinny jeans and a white bodysuit that is tied in the front and my all white air force 1's.

Putting the clothes on I see a leather jacket with "The Vipers Queen," on the back of it with the gang symbol below it

Putting the clothes on I see a leather jacket with "The Vipers Queen," on the back of it with the gang symbol below it. Grabbing the jacket I walk out of the bathroom I throw the jacket at Xavier "That's not mine," I say walking out of the hospital room not waiting for him to respond. Going to the front desk I sign myself out of the hospital and start heading outside to Xavier's car. Sitting on the hood of the car I wait for him to head out and take me home. As he walks toward me he glares at me and I just roll my eyes at his attitude. In the car is silence, but I don't mind it since it gives me times to think about life. Feeling the car turn off I look up and see we are at Xavier's house "What the hell? Take me home," I say looking at Xavier "Not happening," he says going to the front door.

I sit in the car and look towards the shifter and see he left his keys in the car I smirk thinking about how mad he's going to be about this. I step out of the passenger side and get in the driver side and start the car up. Pulling out of the driveway I make my way towards my house and jam out to music hoping to forget about everything. Making it to my house I step out of the car and make sure to take the keys with me, so no one can take the car I open the front door and I am greeted with blood on the floor and a terrible stench. I sigh and start picking everything up and cleaning up the blood and spraying air freshener around the house.

Sitting down on my bed upstairs I hear a engine roar outside my house I smirk knowing who's outside. I make my way out the front door and see Xavier leaning against a dodge challenger. Making his way towards me the car drives off and he stand in front of me. "Give me," he says with a emotionless face. I roll my eyes and hand him his keys and turn around making my way to the front door not looking back. "How long," I hear him ask knowing what he's talking about I turn around and say emotionless "Follow me." I guide him into the house and into the basement where I was tortured for years.

Looking at the blood all over the walls and floor I take a deep breath and say emotionless "It's been going on since I was 6 when my mom passed away driving me to soccer practice one morning when a semi crashed into us she didn't even make it to the hospital and well my father blames me for her death. Remember when I gone for whole a week," I question him. Seeing him shake his head yes I continue "I was down here for that whole week being tortured by him," I say walking towards the chains dangling from the roof.

"Why didn't you tell me," Xavier says looking me in the eyes "I didn't want your pity," I say with a small emotionless chuckle, but instantly stop and wince at the pain coursing through my body. "Are you okay," he says acting concerned I roll my eyes and start making my way back upstairs "I'm fine," I say standing by the front door. "Are you not going to ask where your dad is," he says standing in front of me "I don't care I know you have him so do what you want I could care less," I say looking him in the eyes.