First Day

Hello!! I want you to meet............... RENA ROUGE!!!!! I know that I should get Carapace here, but......... my brain doesn't like to work sometimes. Sup, peeps!! Hey, Alya!!! HEY!!! Everyone who is reading this already know that you're Rena Rouge unless they haven't seen- What are you talking about? Oh no!! Her reporter is coming out!!! I better get out of here!!!! ENJOY!!!!

[Madison POV]

I sat on the steps to Françoise Dupont High School. I had told Grayy, my kwami, everything that had happened to me from when I started walking to school. Grayy was processing the information I gave him.

"So, you are not from here?" Grayy questioned me, his tiny paw on his chin.

"That is correct," I replied.

"Do you know why you are here?" Grayy asked me. I shook my head. Grayy looked up at me. "Since you know a lot about this world, maybe you could go to this school?"

I thought it over. On one hand, I get to meet the Miraculous cast, maybe become friends with them, and go to their school!! But, I didn't know how to read french and I would have to deal with Chloe and Lila. One the other hand, I didn't get to meet the Miraculous cast or go to their school. But, I saved myself from something probably pretty embarrassing, found out why I'm here, and I didn't get to deal with Chloe and Lila!

I had a war going on in my head while Grayy waited patiently for my answer. I looked behind me at the school's courtyard. I turned back to Grayy.

"I think you're right, Grayy," I decided, standing.

"Just be careful," Grayy warned me, concern in his big brown eyes.

"I'll be just fine. Don't worry!" I tried to reassure him. And myself.

Grayy hid in my inside jacket pocket as I walked into Françoise Dupont. Kids stared at me in confusion. I could feel the heat rushing to my cheeks and the knots in my stomach. I've never liked the spotlight before. Especially when I don't know most or any people there.

I picked up the pace to Mr. Damocles' office. Once I got inside, I instantly felt calmer.

"Can I help you, miss?" I looked up to see Mr. Damocles staring at me.

"Uh..." I trailed off. I felt Grayy gently pat my leg from my inside pocket. I took a deep breath, and then let it out. "I was wondering if I could go to school here?" My statement came out more of a question. Real smooth, Rinker! Mr. Damocles hummed as he nodded his head.

"What is your name, miss?" he questioned, hands hovering over his keyboard.

"Madison. Madison Rinker," I told him. He quickly typed my name into his computer.

"What grade are you in?"

"Sophomore," I answered. He started typing again.

"What languages do you know?"

"I only know english," I told him, heat rising to my face in embarrassment. I was probably the only person who doesn't know how to speak or read french.

"Where have you come from?"

"America," I answered, smiling proudly.

After a few more questions and typing, Mr. Damocles gave me my schedule, my locker number and lock combination, books, and more.

"These are to help you while you learn here at Françoise Dupont," Mr. Damocles told me with a kind smile. I smiled back and walked out the door with confidence.