Awake

Could I just- No! How about- No! Maybe I could- NO!! Why?!?!?!?! Because I said so!!! *Alya stomps away* PLEASE DON'T GET AKUMATIZED!!! ENJOY!!!!

[Marinette/Ladybug POV]

I jumped to the Eiffel Tower. Madison was a prisoner to an akuma!! Panic bubbled inside my stomach.

I stopped at the bottom of the beautiful tower.

"Are you okay, M'Lady?" Chat asked me, concern filled his voice. I didn't answer. I just needed a plan to get Madison to safety!

I tightened my grip on my yoyo. I glanced at Chat as his cat ears lifted up.

"What is it?" I asked. His eyes widened a little as he looked up. My heart raced in fear. What has happened to my sister?!

I threw my yoyo on the Eiffel Tower and launched myself upwards. I repeated this motion until I was standing on the top of the tower.

In front of me was Dark Swan with a metal bar in her hand, blood on the edge, Tyler held another metal bar in his hands, rage in his pale green eyes, and an unconscious Madison laid behind him, blood over her hood.

My stomach dropped in dread and fear. My yoyo fell onto the platform as I stared at my unconscious sister. Chat cataclysmed Dark Swan's tutu while she was distracted.

I quickly grabbed my yoyo, de-evilized the akuma, and called a Lucky Charm. I stared at a ladybug-themed headband with a moon on the right side. Guilt engulfed me as I used my Miraculous Cure. Magical ladybugs fixed Paris.

The de-evilized Dark Swan looked around in confusion. She had pale blue eyes, pale skin, and straight tailbone-length black hair that was tied in a high ponytail with a pale blue hair tie. She was wearing a pink leotard, pink tights, and black ballerina shoes.

She grabbed her black tutu and started her walk to her home.

I turned back to Madison to see her still unconscious. Tyler dropped his metal bar with a clang and ran to Madison.

"Why didn't your Miraculous Cure work?!" he asked me, panic in his voice. I flinched away with shock. I knew that Tyler had a thing for Madison, but I didn't know he had it that bad!!

"Um... I don't know," I answered sadly. Tyler held Madison closer to his chest. "I'll take her to the hospital if you want." Tyler glanced at Madison, then me.

"Do you promise to take her straight to the hospital?" he asked me, tears in his eyes. I smiled gently at how much he loved my sister.

"I promise with all my heart," I told him with my hand over my heart. Tyler carefully handed Madison to me. I gave him a nod, and headed towards the hospital.

I was sitting in a chair beside an unconscious Madison. The events of today replayed in my head.

*Flashback*

I bursted through the hospital door.

"HELP!!" I yelled, Madison in my arms. A nurse ran up to me.

"What is it, Ladybug?" she asked calmly.

"This girl was hit in the back of the head with a metal bar, and she won't wake up!" I explained, trying to remain calm. The nurse ran into a hospital room for a few seconds, then popped out.

"Help is on the way!" she told me. I let out a breath of relief. The nurse led me into the hospital room she was in earlier. I gently put Madison on the hospital bed and stepped back.

I turned to the nurse.

"Do you think that she's going to be okay?" I asked.

"It depends. Why do you want to know?"

"I just don't want to lie to her family if she's not going to be okay," I more-or-less lied. The nurse nodded her head in understanding.

"Do you know the girl's name?" she asked as doctors entered the room.

"Madison, Madison Dupain-Cheng," I told her.

And with my job as Ladybug done, I left.

*End of Flashback*

My parents were talking to the doctor as I kept Madison company. I heard footsteps and looked at the door. Alya, Nino, Adrien, and Tyler entered the room with solem expressions.

Alya pulled a chair beside me and gave me a side hug. I just stared at Madison.

Nino sat beside Alya.

Tyler sat on Madison's hospital bed and grabbed her hand, rubbing his thumb across her knuckles. I slightly smiled at how I know that Madison will be taken care of in the future, but it quickly faded as Madison might not have a future.

Adrien sat beside me and squeezed my hand in support. I would've been freaking out that Adrien Agreste was holding my hand if Madison wasn't hurt. She would've fangirled about it with me and Alya.

Tears rolled down my cheeks as I thought of what Madison would be doing if she wasn't hurt. If I didn't let her get hurt. Sobs erupted from my mouth as my tears fell harder.

I buried my head in my hands as my friends hugged me to show me that they were there. Even Tyler left his spot with Madison to give me support. I've never been more thankful for these guys in my life.

"Thanks guys! You are the best!"

"I mean, your sister is hurt! It's the least we could do!" Alya said, pulling me into another hug. This time, I hugged her back.

I took deep breaths to calm myself. We separated and smiled at each other.

"This has to be the worst birthday ever!" Adrien exclaimed. We all laughed.

"My worst birthday ever was when I turned eight. Everyone forgot it!" Nino said.

"I remember that! I'm so sorry!" I apologized.

"When Marinette found out, she showered me in more sorries than anybody has in their entire lifetime!" Nino joked. Heat rushed to my cheeks as we all laughed.

"My worst birthday ever was when I turned ten. Chloe tripped over her skirt and her cake landed on my head," Tyler grumbled. We all laughed.

"Why wouldn't you want free cake?!" Nino asked in disbelief.

"Oh, no! I loved the free cake! It's just that Chloe showered me in kisses as apologies," Tyler explained as we all gagged.

"That's happened to me before," Adrien told us. I gagged even harder.

"My worst birthday ever was when I turned eleven. My little sisters were making a happy birthday video with my brand new phone," Alya told us.

"I'm guessing that your phone broke into a million pieces," I guessed with a knowing smile.

"Yep! The worst part was that I didn't get a new phone for seven months!!" Alya pouted. We all laughed at her.

"Now, what was your worst birthday ever?" Nino asked me. I got to thinking.

"Well, my worst birthday ever was when I turned nine. My parents decorated the bakery with baby pictures of me," I told them, heat rushing to my cheeks.

"Really?!" they exclaimed. I nodded.

"Oh! I remember that! You wouldn't come out of your room until your parents carried you into the bakery!" Nino laughed. I glared at him and flicked his arm.

"OW!!" I smirked in victory.

"Don't laugh if you would do the same thing," I told him like a mom lecturing her child. Nino rolled his eyes as the rest of us giggled.

"We should talk about our birthdays more often!" Alya suggested. We all agreed.

"Why are you talking about birthdays?"

I don't know why!! I'm so weird!!! Have a great day, my little kittens!!