Words I Didn't Say

daniel's pov

After walking away from Lovey and that little scene, I bumped into Jo and his family. They offered to drive me to the cast party at the diner a couple miles away, saying it was the least they could do after all that I did for Jo. I told them it was no big deal, just a small pep talk was all I did, but clearly it left a bigger impact. His parents were really nice and even offered to drive me back home since it was late and I knew Christian would be asleep by now. I get out of the car as they stop at my driveway, I thank them before closing the door.

I jog up the driveway to the front door. Luckily, I remembered to bring keys so I don't have to wake up anyone in the house. I walk in and I'm greeted by an empty living room and kitchen. I'm not surprised, Christian's definitely in bed, asleep. I put my keys away, and make my way into my room. I peek into Y/n's room to see if she's there, and she is. Her back is towards me, so I'm assuming that she's asleep. However, that doesn't stop me from trying. I open my phone to look at the time - 1:30 am. I slowly open the door wider, letting myself in. I tip toe over to see her fast asleep, her phone in hand. She probably had a long flight, so I don't think I'm going to wake her up this time. I lean over to her, kissing her forehead.

"'Night princess. I love you." I whisper, slowly tiptoeing back out. Just as I reach for the doorknob to close the door, I hear a small voice come from her room.

"Daniel?" I turn around to see Y/n, slowly sitting up. I stop by the door, turning around. She holds her hand out, wanting me to get her out of bed. Instead, I walk over to her, moving in next to her. I put a pillow behind my head while she puts her head on my chest. "How was your party?" she asks tiredly. I chuckle lightly, brushing her hair away from her face.

"It was good, it was fun. Sorry I couldn't catch up with you after the show, some stuff happened." She then slowly sits up, coming out of my embrace. I look at her, confused. "What's wrong?"

She puts her head down, her gaze on the covers. "Call me stupid, I could be overreacting, but I just gotta know."

I pick her chin up with a finger, causing her to look at me. "I'd never call you stupid, what's wrong?"

"Well...I was looking for you after the show, and I went backstage, and I heard you. You were talking to someone...and well..." her voice gets softer, turning into a whisper. "Is there something you wanna tell me?" I look at her confused for a moment, unsure what she's talking about. But then it clicks - she must've heard Lovey.

"Oh my- okay...Well, I'm sure you were a little thrown off by that."

"A little?" she softly snaps, looking at me quickly. Her gaze goes back to the covers.

"I know, it was weird when she told me too, but I fixed it. I-"

"Wait she said it back to you?" She asks, her voice shaking.

"What? No, I never said it to her in the first place, she told me first and then-"

"So now you're lying to me? Daniel, come on now, really?" Her eyes become glossy, tears form on the edge of her eyes.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about." She looks away from me, swallowing the lump in her throat. "Please, I'm trying to understand...What did you hear?"

"You really want me to refresh your memory for you?" I hold her hand, giving a small nod. She looks away, but doesn't move her hand.

"'I love you Lovey, what else?'" she says, glaring at me. I let out a big sigh, closing my eyes shut. Talk about the worst time ever. "Ring a bell? Did that refresh your memory a bit?"

"Okay, okay..I need you to hear me out. You came at the probably the worst time ever, but let me explain why."

"Fine..." she says quietly, keeping her head low.