A Night to Remember

y/n's pov

Saturday.

Senior Prom.

My last prom.

I'd be lying if I didn't say I haven't been dreaming of this night since the 8th grade. Everything's gonna be perfect today. Daniel's flying in today, hopefully just in time for pictures. Missing the group date wasn't ideal, but it isn't important. All we were planning to do was get ice cream and go to an escape room. Personally, as fun as that sounds, like every other group project I've had to do this year, I'd be the only one doing anything. So instead, I'll just be relaxing and having the day to myself.

Bailey and I already went to the spa this morning after breakfast. I must say, it has been nice having another girl in the house. Mom's great and all, but it isn't the same. She hasn't said much about Ethan, which is understandable. I can't imagine how these past couple days have been like for her, but I promised not to bring it up again.

Tonight, me, Daniel, Brooke, Hannah, and their dates are going to this Italian restaurant before the dance. It's me, Brooke, and Hannah's all time favorite restaurant in our town. We're all going to take pictures at the lake near my house before dinner, and then, we're off to the dance.

I texted Daniel after breakfast, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet. He's probably already on the plane or still asleep somewhere. I just can't wait for him to come and see everyone again. This whole long distance thing has been going better than I expected to be honest. Most people that I know that go long distance, usually don't end things well. I just hope that doesn't happen to us one day... Although, I doubt that's going to happen anytime soon. Things are going well. No, things are going really well, amazing even. I didn't think my senior year would be so eventful, but they were and it all led out to the better. As crazy and chaotic all this Ethan stuff has been, he was the one that brought me out to LA in the first place. And in the midst of all this crazy, Daniel has been my rock every step of the way. What more can I ask for?

This is also probably the last time Daniel will be coming to my hometown for a long time. My parents and I agreed that I'd spend my last summer here before going off to LA for the next school year, which for me, sounds like a fair deal. It's still crazy to think that I'll be living in LA next year and going to college with the boy I love. It all sounds like a plot to a cheesy love story, but at least it's our story.

"So you ready for tonight?" Bailey asks as we drive back to the house. We went to IHOP after the spa, so I'm not sure what to do for the rest of the day. I wish I could just wait at the airport until Daniel arrives, but I can't. He should be on the plane now anyways so everything should be on schedule.

"Yeah, I'm excited." I say with a small smile. Maybe excited's an understatement. I can't wait to see Daniel later, all dressed up in his suit and tie - it's gonna be magical. 

"That's good, make sure to have fun, this is your first and last prom after all." she says, continuing to drive. Sometimes I forget that I only met Bailey last Christmas, it feels so long ago. It's nice to have her as my "older sister".

I had the rest of the day to myself. Group pictures are at 3, dinner at 5:30, and the dance is at 8. I've been texting Dani all day, but I guess he isn't receiving my messages, meaning he's probably on the plane already. So, good news. Nothing but good news.

Mom and Bailey offered to help me get ready with hair and makeup, and it's not like I can exactly say 'no', so I let them. Mom did my hair just like she did for Winter Formal, and Bailey did my makeup. Brooke and Hannah said they'd come over for pictures a little before 3 so that we can take pictures with just the 3 of us. From the looks of it, it looks like our trio will be going our own ways next year. It's bittersweet, but exciting. I've been friends with Brooke and Hannah for as long as I can remember. Our moms are best friends, so we're basically sisters. Although, this year has been different then others, maybe it's just to prepare us for the future.