Congratulations

daniel's pov

Exactly 1 week after Prom...

Liked by thegirlnextdoor, corbynbesson, and 102 othersseaveydaniel hey look ma, i made it 🙌 #HighSchoolGraduation

seaveydaniel hey look ma, i made it 🙌 #HighSchoolGraduation

jonahmarais proud of you man 🙌🏻
corbynbesson ayyyy congratulations
imzachherron WAYHOOOO CONGRATS
jackaverymusic congrats!! you deserve it

View all 97 comments

< < < 5 hours earlier

9:00 am.

In exactly 5 hours, I will have officially graduated from high school. It's crazy how fast 4 years can go...I remember moving to LA the summer of 8th grade, knowing absolutely nobody. Now, 4 years later, I've become friends with some of the greatest people on this earth and I'm in a relationship with the most amazing girl ever. So now that I think about it...5 hours doesn't seem too long.

I walk out of my room to see not only Christian in the kitchen making breakfast, but my mom and my dad as well. Mom taking charge, flipping pancakes at the stove. Christian, her sous chef, making more and more batter by the minute. And then there's Dad, the taste tester. Tyler and Anna are found at the kitchen island, already eating their breakfast. 

"Well well well, look who's finally awake." Anna says with a teasing grin on her face. It's good to have the whole family here together. I take a seat next to her, grabbing a plate of pancakes for myself. 

"It's the man of the hour. How're you feeling son?" my dad asks, patting me on the back. I take a bite of my food before answering him.

"Good. Excited. Nervous, but excited." I tell him. Mom serves up the last of the pancakes, saving some for herself. Christian takes his seat next to me, helping himself with a stack of his own. 

"That's normal Hon, we're so proud of you already." Mom says, taking her seat next to Dad, who's already done with his plate. "Thanks Mom, these pancakes are really good by the way." 

"Aw of course, and thanks!" Christian then looks at me wide-eyed, putting his napkin down on the table.

"Heyyyyy, I helped too y'know! And who's the one that has been making you breakfast all year?" he says, poking me in the side. Ouch Christian. Me, Tyler, and Anna laugh as we see the look on Christian's face.

"Ah yes Christian, it must be hard being a single mom when you have no children and are a grown man." Tyler says, laughing hard. Christian throws a piece of his pancake at him, which lands on top of Tyler's cap. Before Tyler has a chance to fight back, Dad stops him.

"Hey, both of you, calm down." he says laughing, causing Tyler and Christian to sit back down. "We should be getting ready soon anyway if we want good seats."