26- Tiramisu

-A WEEK LATER-

"Harlow, get the cake out the oven. Asher, set the table. Jay, help your son." Mom scatters around the kitchen, trying to make everything perfect for Christmas Dinner.

My Mom and Dad invited the King family over. Which means I get to spend time with the cute,  little Lola and Ace.

I am feeling a lot better since the breakup. I had my friends and family to show me love and to support me.

I slide on pink, cotton oven mitts an pull out the cake. It was a delicious Tiramisu cake that has been in my family for years.

I set the cake on the table as well as the other foods. My mom goes all out when it comes to Holiday cooking.

She made steak with a side of melted garlic butter, chicken pasta, grilled shrimp wrapped in bacon, green beans mixed with tomatoes, homemade French bread, white rice, baked potatoes and of course the tasty tiramisu cake.

My stomach is growling just lookin' at all the fresh and hot food. I start to sneak a piece of bread but am slapped on the wrist.

"Harlow, wait until our guests arrive." My mom fussed as she sets glass plates on the table. She is wearing a pretty maroon dress that goes past her knees with black heels. "Go get dressed."

Sighing, I obey my mom and run upstairs. I lock my door and grab the dress hanging on the doorknob of my closet.

It takes a while to zip the dress up, but somehow I manage to get it. I do a full twirl in my mirror, admiring the pretty, sparkly dress.

I go ahead and add a cute silver cross necklace and a purple gem ring on my right hand

I do my makeup light with only eyeshadow, lipstick and mascara. My hair is in a sweet bun with a little piece of my hair twirled and loose.

The doorbell rings while I slide on white heels. I walk down the stairs and inhale the Christmas cookie scented candle that is burning on our piano.

I'm immediately greeted by a smiling Lola. Wrapping her small arms around my leg she starts to speak. "Har-Har!"

I laugh looking down at the cute little girl. "Hi, Lola. You look so pretty in your pink dress." I gush over her as she hops like a small bunny.

"Mind if I steal the princess away for a moment, little lamb?" My face breaks out in a full grin when Ace walks up to me.

"Sure, Acey. But she likes me more!"

I giggle and nod at Lola. Ace puts a hand over his heart obviously offended.

"Come here you big goofball." I pull Ace into a hug that he gladly returns.

"You look pretty as always," Ace complements. He gives me a once over making me blush.