6. Chaotic encounter

JENNIE

I'm still trying to process what's happening right now. My three friends are here, sitting on the couch while staring at me and waiting for me to say a word, but all I did was stare at them and release several loud sighs.

"Jen–." I held up my hand to Sana to stop her and she did, she retreated back and leaned her back on the couch while pouting.

"How?" The only question I asked after being silent for almost an hour since I asked Nayeon to give us privacy for a moment, who immediately ran to the door and moved to the next door excitedly because she had reason to see Lisa.

"First, we did what you did, second, we're worried about you, third, the high ranking hoplites are already looking for you and we are worried that they might find you immediately." Irene explained in a rush that I didn't have time to react to every word she's spitting out.

"Fourth, bitch we're tired pretending like some holy virgin mary so we decided to come out as gay but my father hates it so I have to run away from home." Sana added and I shifted my gaze at her and stared at her ludicrously. "Kidding, I didn't do that, I'd probably be dead by now if I did that." She took back and laughed.

"Do you want us to go back–."

"No." I said to cut off Irene and released another sigh. "You can't go back, you know what might happen if the Deity finds out you all came from here."

"But you looked blatantly disappointed seeing us here." Chaeyoung pouted and crossed her arms a little harshly.

"No, I wasn't, I was just surprised, I'm sorry." I said sincerely and heaved up from the couch. "I just need to talk to Nayeon first and ask if you girls can stay here."

"So does that mean that you're letting us stay here?" Irene asked.

"Do I have any choice? You girls are already here." I said before walking to the door to get my roommate. I rang the doorbell only once but I already heard footsteps coming towards the door.

The door swung open and I tried not to look up as I knew that it was the sinner but my forehead furrows confusedly when I saw leather sandals, a familiar leather sandals and chiton.

I shot my head's up and saw the daughter of Neptune. We are both staring at each other in stunned surprise while both mouths slightly agape.

"Ruby—."

"Ryujin!" I blurted out and she shut the door behind her before I pulled her arm. "What are you doing here?!"

"What are you doing here?!" She asked back, wide eyes. "Your father is looking for you! What was your thinking?! Why did you run away?!"

"You're also here, so that means you also ran away!"

"Yeah, we did, we escaped to find our friend! But you! Oh my God, Ruby Jane! What the fuck?!" Ryujin said in disbelief while scanning me from head to toe. "Why of all places, why are you here?!"

"I asked the same thing when I met your friend! And I need you to pretend!"

"What?"

"Pretend that you don't know me! Your friends didn't know me, right? Because only the daughters of Gods are the only ones who've seen me, so please pretend!" I begged and held her hands, rubbing the knuckles nervously. "Please Ryujin."

"Ah shit! This is a problem if the hoplites found you!" She began to hissed frustratingly, she slid her fingers on her hair and scratched the back of her head.

"It's just happen that I live next door and I came here to fetch my roomma—." My words were cut off when the door behind Ryujin opened abruptly and Lisa stepped out with Jisoo.