16. Bittersweet

JENNIE

"Jen, there's a demon here." 

I was having a glaring battle with Nayeon when Sana whispered on my ear and I arched my left brow before tearing my gaze away from the bunny and shifted to her, I saw how serious her face was, she, along with Irene,Chaeyoung and Ryujin who are the deities daughter who can sense a real demon around, though I can sense demons too, but I guess I was too distracted by this bunny who's still have the guts flirting with my girl even if she already has Jeongyeon.

They were all looking outside of the restaurant because the demon's presence seemed to be near us and then I felt it, the sudden oppressive pressure coming outside of the restaurant, I snapped my head to look where they are staring at but Lisa was the first one I saw, walking back inside with Jisoo and Jieun.

My eyebrows quivered when I saw how pale she was, her eyes were bewildered and seemed so distracted and Jisoo holding her hand tightly, as if Lisa's life depended on it.

"What's wrong?" Jeongyeon asked after the three settled down themselves on their seats.

"Nothing." Jieun answered and that quick concern glance she gave to Lisa didn't escape from my observant eyes. 

I reached for Lisa's hand and squeezed it lightly, she looked at me but it seemed that I didn't appear to notice by her as her eyes were still bewildered and I could tell that there's something wrong behind her doe eyes. She was distressed and frightened.

"Lisa.." Jisoo's voice laced with warning, as if she was trying to pull out Lisa from her dazed.

"Are you ok?" I asked worriedly and Lisa blink away her dazed, finally meeting my eyes.

"Y-yeah, have y-you already ordered f-food?" She stuttered and cleared her throat before smiling at me nervously.

"Nope not yet, we couldn't decide what to eat." Irene said to break the tension starting to linger around us.

"Women have a hard time choosing what to eat, because the last time they chose, they doomed all of humanity, remember Eve?" Jisoo said and all of them laughed, except for Lisa who's still not aware that I was holding her hand under the table but when I squeezed it one more time, she looked down to our hands that's locked together and she smiled, a genuine smile.

"I'm sorry." She mutters and starts rubbing her thumb on the back of my palm.

"Who called you?" I asked.

"My boss."

"You have a job?" Joy asked and Lisa nodded at her with a sly smile. "How come you still have a job if you're already a shop owner with a whole ass big mansion?"

"I didn't start rich after you threw me out in heaven, of course I need to work and live here like a normal person." Lisa said teasingly, making Joy and the other three hoplites feel guilty because they were the ones who were asked by my father to throw Lisa out of heaven. And I felt it, too, the guilt that was devouring me every time Lisa would get reminded that she was falsely accused by my own father.

"I'm s-sorry." Dahyun said but Ryujin tapped her shoulder for assurance that she should not feel guilty as they weren't the judge and they just got the order and they need to comply.

"You can still make it up to her by working hard at her shop, she's the boss here and not the deity." Ryujin said with a soft smile and looked at Lisa.

"Lisa ruled this land?" Momo asked and we all looked at her ridiculously. "No?"

"No." Lisa replied while giggling softly. I knew that she was already back at her composure as she let out adorable giggles but it's the opposite of me, as I can still feel the presence of the demon, irking me. "We should just eat and go home, I need to go somewhere."