Chapter 7 | Sophie

Sophie, Marella, and Biana stood outside the store. 

"You didn't have to tell him I thought he was cute!" Biana said.

"I didn't say which one of you. You running out the door made it much more obvious," Sophie responded, "And besides, someone had to introduce you."

"Soph, did you even get sticky notes? That's why you went in there. To get pencils and sticky notes," Marella said.

Sophie groaned. She hadn't bought sticky notes. "No. I'll be back."

Sophie walked back into the store. 

"Back again so soon?" asked Dex.

"I need sticky notes," Sophie said.

"Why do you need sticky notes so bad?" 

"Some assignment for English."

She picked up a pack of yellow sticky notes and took them to the register. Keefe was still there.

"Two dollars," Dex announced, "Oh, and tell your friend that I think she's cute."

Sophie nodded with fake seriousness. "Will do."

Biana and Marella were waiting outside the store. Sophie turned to Biana. "Just so you know, Dex thinks you're cute, so now you guys have to get together."

Biana rolled her eyes at Sophie. "Somehow, I don't believe you."

"Let's go!" said Marella, interrupting the conversation.

Sophie didn't live very far away, so they walked to her house to work on their project. The three girls had ended up in the same class and were allowed to pick their groups for their group project.

•••••••

Eventually, they all finished their homework. Fitz came to pick Biana up, and Marella walked home. She only lived a few blocks away.

Sometime after Biana and Marella left, Sophie went on her phone to find that she had a missed video call from Keefe. She called him back, and he picked up on the second ring.

"What did you want?" Sophie asked.

Keefe shrugged. "I was bored."

Iggy bounced into Sophie's room and spring onto her bed. Keefe's eyes brightened.

"This is Iggy," said Sophie, "He's my dog."

"Lucky. My parents won't even let me have a goldfish. Something about me not being responsible, whatever that means." He made air quotes around not responsible. Sophie giggled.

"Oh yeah, because everyone knows that you're sooo responsible," Sophie responded sarcastically.

"Hey!"

"It's true!"

"Maybe I should get a dog and really surprise my parents."

Sophie laughed. "My parents own a shelter. There's a lot of dogs there."

"Really? Now I'm actually tempted to do it."

"Go for it. Maybe get a goldfish while you're at it and shock your parents with your responsibility."

"That is a very good idea, Foster. I'll call you back when I get there."

He hung up. Sophie smiled. She pulled a blanket over her lap and Iggy curled up inside it.

Soon, Keefe called her back. "So, as it turns out, there are no goldfish at this shelter."

"What a surprise."

Keefe flipped the camera, showing two dogs. One was a golden retriever  and the other was a yorkie. "Did you name these ones, Foster?"

Sophie nodded. "Yup! And if you want my input, I say the Yorkie. Her name is Verdi and she's the best."

Keefe flipped the camera back around and bent down to pet the small dog. "But she's so tiny... what if I squish her?"

"Yeah, it's probably best that you don't adopt her."

"What's the other one named?"

"Silveny."

"She really seems to like me," Keefe said as the dog started licking his hand.

Sophie laughed. "Yeah. She loves everyone but mostly shows that love by knocking you over. Silveny has no idea that she's a big dog."

"Well, in that case, Silveny is the best dog. Gotta go now. Bye!"

"Bye!"

Sophie still couldn't believe that Keefe had just decided to adopt a dog. Her parents would have a heart attack. Maybe that was why Keefe did it.

"Jolie!" Sophie yelled.

"What do you want?" Jolie yelled back.

"Can you drive me somewhere?"

••••••••••••

A/N: hey guys! This chapter wasn't very long, but I didn't have very much stuff to put in it. It took me so long to figure out him to incorporate Silveny into the story, and since she loves Keefe so much, I figured that she would be the exact same, just in dog form.

Anyways, our boy Keefe is getting brave and FaceTiming Sophie. What do you think of that?

Happy reading!

<3 Ivy