17. The Camaraderie

As they get inside Shehnaaz's house Sidharth sits on the sofa.

"yes, tell me what brings you here," said Shehnaaz.

"We aren't at the office and even if we were I'm the one you're working under," said Sidharth.

" Thanks for reminding me that," said Shehnaaz without looking at him.

"Can I have a glass of water?" said Sidharth.

Shehnaaz goes inside the kitchen to get water. As Sidharth places his hand on his hair thinking how should he start the conversation with her. He has not confessed anything to her yet.

Shehnaaz comes out and gives the glass of water to him.

'I'm sure you haven't come here to drink water " said Shehnaaz.

"Look Shehnaaz I know I'm at fault. I'm really sorry for it" said Sidharth.

"A sorry seriously? you call me your best friend and sharing this with me didn't feel important to you?" said Shehnaaz as she was furious.

"I didn't know how would you react, I was scared," said Sidharth.

" scared of what Sidharth?" she said.

"Of losing you," said Sidharth making a frown.

" I'm going to be by your side always. I'll always support you no matter what because when I own people, I stand with them for life " said Shehnaaz.

"I know and I'm sorry," said Sidharth cutely.

"I'm not letting you get away with it so easily," said Shehnaaz.

"I'll do whatever you want me to do," he said.

"Anything? Sure" said Shehnaaz.

"Yes absolutely," said Sidharth.

"Okay then I'm opening your Instagram account," she says as she picks up his phone lying up there on the table.

"Anything but, that Shehnaaz please, "said Sidharth.

"Shut up! It's the 21st century Sidharth, you have to be on the social media," said Shehnaaz.

"But, I don't like putting out my private life for people to watch," said Sidharth.

"I don't know about all of that, I'm downloading Instagram and signing up," said Shehnaaz as she unlocks his phone.

Suddenly, Shehnaaz hears one more phone unlock. Yes, it was hers.

"Okay great! I'll open the online dating app that Samira downloaded on your phone and check how is it going " said Shehnaaz.

"No, I don't want to talk about it!" said Shehnaaz as she snatched her phone from his hand.

"Come on you can answer me it's a simple question," said Sidharth.

"It's going great," says Shehnaaz as she is trying hard to get her phone back from Sidharth's phone.

Sidharth dodges her and once again asks.

"Who is the guy," he said.

Shehnaaz is still trying hard to get her phone back from him. Sidharth being the smart chic. conveniently just holds the phone up in his hand. Now, there was no way how Shehnaaz who is 5 feet 4 could reach up to this 6 feet 2 tall man's hand.

"Come on Shehnaaz we aren't even having the battle now. You know you can't reach my hand " says Sidharth as Shehnaaz is pulling his hand to reach to get her phone.

"Give me my phone," she says as she tries hard to pull his hand down.

While all this is happening they didn't realise how close they were. The proximity of closeness was more than good enough for a kiss to happen.

On realizing this Sidharth immediately took a step back. He wanted to take this slow. He somewhere knew that Shehnaaz had feelings for him too but, without the confession happening in between the two of them, it might just ruin the bond they share.

As Shehnaaz realized what could have just happened she casually moves away from him heading towards the kitchen.

"I'll get myself some water also, I'm not dating anyone online haven't used the app ever. I was just messing around with you," she says while smiling at him.

Sidharth smiled back as of course he was elated to know what she just said.

They chatted for a while and the camaraderie went on like always, While both their hearts felt and knew that this bond and relationship was way more special than they have shared with anyone before.

< The Next Day, at work >

As her routine, Shehnaaz walks into the office and her eye immediately falls on Sidharth's cabin.

She sees Sidharth hugging and meeting a lady. The lady seemed to be very friendly with him while talking as she places her hand on his shoulder.

Sidharth too seemed to be quite comfortable with her as she talked. Shehnaaz kept staring towards them as she felt a pinch of insecurity as she wondered who the lady was.

"I think it's once again time for a coaxing session " murmured Ahaan to himself with a smirk as he spectated Shehnaaz looking at Sidharth talking to Kaira Mukherjee.

Kaira Mukherjee, Rhea's PR as well as her very good friend. Oh, just to mention Kaira and Sidharth were high school sweethearts as they dated for almost 2 years in school. Looking at the way she talks to Sidharth seems like she still had feelings for him.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Hey Guys, I hope you'll do well.

Thanks for the amazing response to the previous chapter. Trust me your comments make my day :)

Hope you'll like this chapter. Do vote, comment and share. Inline comments will be appreciated.

See you'll tomorrow with a new chapter.❤