The Black Rock

This isn't how I normally do this, but I'm going put the author's note up here this time.

After this chapter, things won't be quite as eventful right away, but there will be problems in need of fixing until the next big thing comes around.

And I just remembered in TTBGO, there was a landmark in Pop Village called the Black Rock. So I probably should've called the gem something else...

Enjoy!

That evening, the ten Trolls gathered around to enjoy the one night they would get to spend at Callisto's Sanctuary.

"Marshmallows remind me of going camping with my dad. I could eat 'em all night long!" Willow said as they roasted them over a fire. Unfortunately, hers immediately caught fire and she stared at it sadly. "Of course, he did make me cough 'em back up again for breakfast."

Eating Willow's burnt marshmallow, Barb decided to share her own memory. "When Ash and I were little, Dad would take us to this cool cavern underneath Volcano Rock City, and these crystals would pop out of the ground."

"Yeah, we liked to see who could catch the most in two minutes," Ash added. "I don't like to brag, but having ears this big does have its advantages."

"I remember taking Gary on his first supply run," Branch shared. Everyone just raised their eyebrows at him. "What? It was important to me!"

"Who's Gary?" Prince D whispered to Cooper.

"He's the remote Branch has a weird relationship with!" Cooper answered out loud. Branch just grumbled.

"I almost feel sorry for him," Midnight muttered to Brawl.

"What do you think will happen after I destroy the Black Rock?" Willow asked her friends. "Just out of curiosity."

"Well, these daggers would probably go away," Poppy figured.

"Of course," Midnight replied. "Everything tainted by Callisto's curse will vanish so the Earth will be able to heal. Everyone will be able to live freely."

"For an Emo, you're awfully optimistic," Barb pointed out. "Even with all those scary visions."

"Eh, I do what I want," he said, shrugging. "Besides, I'll probably lose my power once the curse is broken."

"Too bad," Poppy said. "It'd be nice to have a Troll who can sense upcoming events around."

"I can only see what happens with the Black Rock," Midnight pointed out. "I heard of some Trolls called Stargazers, they have visions in their dreams, which usually have very little to do with the Sun and Moon. But that gift is very rare."

"I don't think we should worry about what happens in the future," Branch said. "No matter what we do, something will always go wrong. We just need to find a way to make it right when it happens."

"What makes you think something's gonna go wrong?" Cooper wondered.

"I'm just saying, something always goes wrong," Branch replied. "If we know about it and try to keep it from happening, we sometimes end up causing it to happen. Right, Poppy?"