Chapter 7: The Emerald Forest

"For years you have trained to become warriors and today your abilities will be evaluated in the Emerald Forest." Ozpin said to all freshmen students.

"Now, I'm sure many of you heard rumors about the assignment of teams. Well, allow us to punt an end to your confusion." Glynda proclaimed.

"Each of you will be given teammates...today." She announced.

Damian and Ruby shared a glance at each other and smiled before looking back at their teachers.

"These Teammates will be with you for the rest of your time here at Beacon. So, it's in your best interested to be paired with someone whom you can work well. That being said, the first person you make eye contact with after landing will be your partner for the next 4 years." Ozpin explained.

"What?!?" Ruby exclaimed as the world seemed to shatter around her in utter dread.

Mainly since there is no guarantee that the first person that she sees will be Damian, or Yang. What if she gets paired with someone that she does not know or worse the first person she makes eye contact with is Russel!

The huntress spares said green haired boy a glance and unfortunately the delinquent was staring right back at her and winked.

The Huntress shivers in disgust at the very thought of being forced to be teammates with Russel for 4 years at Beacon and all the things she knows that she would have to deal with, like his flirting for example.

Not to mention she remembers that Qrow told her that teammates sleep in the same room.

The young girl hen quickly puts her hand over mouth since she literally gags at the very thought of sharing a room with Russel. "I'm thinking I'm going to be sick." She groaned.

"Come now beloved it won't be that bad." Damian stated.

Ruby glared at her boyfriend with annoyance, "Easy for you to say! You don't run the risk of being paired up with a guy like Russel Thrush! Everyone's favorite wannabe bully and the guy who for some reason has a crush on me!" she hissed quietly.

She grits her teeth and growled in anger, "Do you realize the amount of sheer hell I will be in if he becomes my partner?! Especially since Qrow told me once that teammates sleep in the same room!"

Which of course made the boy wonder's mood turn dangerously sour at the very idea that his beloved might get stuck with some delinquent that is infatuated with her.

The boy wonder grits his teeth as he remembers various ways that the League had taught him on how to dispose of a dead body.

But soon he was forced to abandon his thoughts about dealing with Russel when Ozpin continued to speak.

"After you've partnered up, make your way to the northern end of the forest. You will meet opposition along the way. Do not hesitate to destroy everything in your path, or you will die."

Jaune laughs nervously when he said that and gulped. Die? He cannot be serious right?

"You will be monitored and graded for the duration of your initiation." Ozpin proclaimed.

"But our instructors will not intervene. You will find an abandoned temple at the end of the path containing serval relics. Each pair must choose one and return to the top of the cliff. We will regard that item, as well as your standing, and grade you appropriately. Are there any questions?"

Jaune raises his hands to ask but Ozpin did not even let him speak up as he said. "Good now, take your positions."

Which all the students did as they waited for the catapults that they are standing on to launch them into the forest.