Chapter 10: Jaunedice

"So, there we were...in the middle of the night..." Nora told everyone as her, her team, along with Team RWBY enjoy their lunch in the cafeteria.

But while some of the group were interested the only people who weren't listening to Nora's story was Blake who was reading a book, Damian who was checking out Gotham city news on his scroll, Weiss who was filing her nails, and Jaune who was picking his food as he laments about his utter defeat at the hands of Cardin Winchester today.

Sure, it was only a sparring match, but it doesn't escape the fact that he lost and made himself look like an utter fool.

"It was day..." Ren corrected.

Nora gives Ren a look but didn't say anything to him as she goes back to her story. "We were surrounded by Ursai."

"They were Beowolves." Ren corrected again.

"Dozens of them!" Nora exclaimed.

"Two of em." Ren corrected.

Ruby just rolled her eyes in amusement and for a moment she let her eyes wander and when she did, she saw how sad Jaune looked.

Tapping the table to get Pyrrha's attention the green-eyed girl looked at Ruby in confusion until she pointed at Jaune and frowned and then she looked at Ruby who was also confused on what to do.

Nora just rolls her eyes, "But they were no match and in the end Ren and I took them down and made a boat load of Lien selling Ursa skin rugs!" she proclaimed proudly.

Ren sighs "She's been having this reoccurring dream for nearly a month now..." he stated.

And once Nora's story was finished Pyrrha decided that it would be a good idea to ask how Jaune is doing.

"Jaune, are you okay?" she asked concerned.

"Uh?" Jaune said coming back to reality.

"Oh, yeah. Why?" he questioned.

Ruby grimaces as she thinks about how she's going to tell Jaune about his sudden behavior. "It's just that you seem a little...not...okay..." she stated.

"Guys, I'm fine...seriously, look." Jaune said and brightly smiles but that smile was soon followed by a small nervous laugh.

Damian scoffs at that horrible display. "Sure, we believe you." He stated sarcastically.

Which earned him getting jabbed in the ribs by Ruby. "Ow beloved!" he said irritated.

The silver eyed girl just glared at him, "You are not helping!" she hissed.

She then looks back at Jaune and noticed that he was looking at something and when they turned their heads, they saw that he was looking at Team CRDN bully A bunny Faunus named Velvet Scarlatina. A second year and member of Team CFVY; one of the strongest teams in this generation.

"Jaune, Cardin's been picking on you since the first week of school." Pyrrha stated.

"Who? Cardin Winchester? Nah...he just likes to mess around, you know? Practical jokes!" Jaune said in denial.

Ruby narrows her eyes, "He's a bully and I should know since we both trained at Signal."

Jaune scoffed, "Oh please...name one time he's "bullied" me..." he challenged.

Shutting off his scroll for a moment Damian looks up at Jaune with a raised eyebrow as he raised his hands and started to count down on his fingers.

"Well there was the time he slapped your books out of your arms. The time he activated your shield while walking pass you while leaving the classroom which resulted in it getting jammed into the door frame. And the time that he pushed you into a locker and sent it into the Emerald Forest."