Chapter 22: The Field Trip

Ruby sighs as she looks down at her lap as she sits down calmly with the boys and waited for Professor Ozpin to arrive.

Which thankfully did not take long, "General? What is going on here?" Ozpin asked.

"Ask your students, I found them here." Ironwood stated as he turns to give said students a stern look and holds his hands behind his back.

"Now, would you all like to explain yourselves?" he questioned.

Ruby sighed, "It was during the dance, Damian and I were about to join the other dancers after Team JNPR did their dance number but before we could I saw movement at the corner of my eye. So, I went outside to investigate and what I saw was a mysterious masked woman running across the roof tops. Naturally, I pointed this out to Damian and we both got suspicious and so we followed her."

"Which led us to the transmit tower but when we arrived we saw all the guards stationed here unconscious and so we knew that whatever she was doing was nothing good so we quickly summoned our weapons and went to confront her and as you can see she got away."

"I see, and what about you Mr. Black?" Ozpin asked.

Mercury sighed, "I was just aimlessly walking around, big crowds aren't really my thing, so I decided to get some air. And as I was walking by, I saw two weapon's lockers soar through the sky before crashing nearby. So naturally, I got curious and when I arrived at the scene all I saw was unconscious guards and these two getting into the elevator."

He then shrugs his shoulders, "So I became suspicious and summoned my own locker before following them and when I arrived, I came across these two again but this time they were fighting some crazy chick in a mask."

"I see, why didn't you notify anyone?" The general asked.

"Because it would've wasted time. We don't know why she was there and that even if Damian had used his shadow manipulation or I used my Petal Burst to get back to the ballroom the masked woman could've already been done and long gone. Besides, we didn't want to start a panic." Ruby stated.

"Petal Burst?" Damian questioned.

"It's the official name of my semblance. But admittedly I hardly ever call it that though." She replied.

"I see. Do any of you have an idea who she is?" Ironwood asked.

Ruby frowns at the general for that stupid question, "No. she was wearing a mask, a glass one."

"What made you think that it was glass?" Ozpin asked.

"Because it cracked after I kicked off one of my pump heels and threw it at her face, it was faint but there was a very obvious sound of glass cracking when she faceplanted onto the floor." Ruby answered bluntly.

Mercury lets out a cough of surprise, "Wait, you took her down with a shoe?!" he said in shock before bursting out laughing.

"It's not funny!" Ruby stated.

"Uh, yeah it is! You managed to temporarily take down a dangerous assailant with a shoe! Man, that must've hurt her pride."

"Is there anything else?"

"Well, I managed to cut her cheek, but given for the fact that it was not that deep she might've already healed it." Damian stated.

"I see, well then you three have certainly have an eventful night." Ozpin stated.

Mercury scoffs, "Understatement of the century." He muttered.

Ozpin lightly chuckled, "True, but now even though the circumstances do seem urgent, I think it's high time we let you go and rest to collect yourselves. You do have a busy day ahead of you tomorrow."