Chapter 33: New Lessons

"And this is our dorm." Ruby stated as she unlocks the door with her scroll and opens the door to see Blake and Yang were doing a sort of girl's night since they had pinned their hair back so it wouldn't touch their green face masks and were doing their nails.

"Well hello beautiful." Raven snorted as she brings out her phone and snaps a picture.

"Guys?!" Yang exclaimed in shock as she screws the nail polish bottle and sets it down and stands up.

"What are you doing here?" she asked.

"They came to see our fight." Ruby stated as she walks in with the others.

"Uh...who are they?" Blake asked confused but at the same time she could not help but feel relief that she still had her bow on.

"These are our friends. Blake meet, Rachel, Jaime, Garfield, Kori, and Damian's older sister Helena." Ruby introduced.

Damian rolled his eyes but didn't have the energy to correct his beloved mainly since it will probably result in her trying to hug him again.

Blake looked at the Titans and model and nods her head in greeting but her eyes then land on Garfield and the Cat Faunus just stared at him in shock and her bow lightly twitches a few times with interest.

And of course, the fact that her bow was twitching on its own didn't go unnoticed.

"Uh is she ok?" Jaime questioned trying to end the girl's staring since it was making Garfield extremely uncomfortable.

Ruby sighed, "Blake are you ok?" she questioned.

But the Cat Faunus didn't reply to her and just kept staring at Garfield.

And so, the red hooded huntress calls out her teammates name a few more times before she screamed it.

Which thankfully managed to break her out of her thoughts.

Blinking in surprise Blake then looks up at Ruby, "What?" she questioned.

Giving her teammate an annoyed look, Ruby sighs deeply for a second before asking, "Is there a reason why you're staring at Garfield?" who she then gestures to.

Blake looks back at him, "So your name is Garfield?" she questioned as she gets up and walks over to him.

"Uh yeah."

The Cat Faunus smiled and holds out her hand, "Blake Belladonna."

Looking down at her hand in shock for a quick second, Garfield then smiles back at her and shakes her hand.

"Nice to meet you." He proclaimed.

"Also, I'm sorry if I was making you uncomfortable. It's just...having a...non-human like skin color is exceedingly rare." She then tilts her head in question, "But I'm curious, are you a Chameleon Faunus by chance?"

"Uh..." the shapeshifter looks at Kori who gave him a smile. "Uh...yeah!" he replied with an awkward smile.

"How did you know?" he questioned.

Blake raised an eyebrow realizing that he's lying but she also noticed the look of fear in his eyes and realized that he must have a reason for lying and so she decided to play along for now.

"I...had a friend named Illa, she was a chameleon Faunus and as a result her skin had the rare ability to change color based on either her emotions or at will. But the most common color she turns into was green." She explained.

Garfield looked at her in shock and was envious that there's some girl out there that can make herself blend in with normal people.

"That's cool, is there any chance I can meet her?" he asked hopefully.