Chapter 25: The Underground Crime Network

It was now nighttime, the full moon is shining over the ruined buildings of Mountain Glenn, and everything seemed peaceful except for the fact that there was a lone Beowolf is searching through the rubble.

But it soon stopped and looked up briefly at Ruby who was looking through her scope at it and was ready to shoot if it decided to attack. But it didn't and carried on with what it was doing.

Lowering Crescent Rose, Ruby sighs in tiredness as she keeps looking out over the destruction while the rest of her team is lying down on their sleeping mats around the fire with weapons nearby, while Doctor Oobleck is higher up, slumped down against the wall next to the hole in the ceiling/floor.

But soon it became obvious that Yang was in fact pretending to sleep since she instantly opened her eyes without even looking slightly tired.

"Blake are you awake?" she questioned.

"Yeah." Blake replied.

"Why do you think he asked us about being a Huntress? Like...what was he trying to say?" she questioned as she turns on her side to look at her partner.

"Maybe he was just curious?" Blake suggested.

"Ya think?" the blonde questioned.

Blake stayed silent for a moment before saying, "No."

Turning to lay on her back Yang sighed before she looked at Weiss. "Weiss are you awake?" she questioned.

"Of course I'm awake! You two are talking." Weiss stated while frowning at her teammates.

"And I think he...when I said I wanted to honor my family's name, I meant it. But...it's not what you think." She proclaimed.

She then frowns as she continues to speak. "I'm not stupid. I'm fully aware of what my father has done with the Schnee Dust Company. Since he took control, our business has operated in a...moral grey area." The Heiress said sugarcoating her father's underhanded tactics.

"That's putting it lightly." Blake stated.

Which made Weiss sit up, "Which is why I feel the need to make things right! If I had taken a job in Atlas, it wouldn't have changed anything. My father was not the start of our name, and I refuse to let him be the end of it." she proclaimed with determination as she laid back down.

"All my life, I fought for what I thought was right." Blake stated as she turns on her back and stared at the ceiling. "I had a partner...named Adam. More of a mentor, actually. He always assured me that what we were doing would make the world a better place but of course, his idea of a perfect future turned out to be...not perfect for everyone."

"I joined the academy because I knew Huntsmen and Huntresses were regarded as the most noble warriors in the world. Always fighting for good, but I never really thought past that. when I leave the academy...what will I—how can I undo so many years of hate?"

"I'm sure you'll figure it out. You're not one to back down from a challenge, Blake." Yang reassured.

"But I am!" Blake exclaimed.

"I do it all the time! When you learned I was a Faunus, I didn't know what to do, so I ran. When I realized my oldest partner had become a monster, I ran! Even my...semblance, I was born with the ability to leave behind a shadow of myself. An empty copy that takes the hit while I run away." She proclaimed.

She then looks at Damian who was fast asleep right next to Ruby, "And to be honest I'm kind of jealous of Damian. I mean his semblance has endless capabilities to the point he could possibly copy my semblance if he wanted to in theory."