Chapter 11: Jaune's Secret

Damian sighed as he listens to a lecture told by the history professor Profess Oobleck. "Yes! yes, prior to the Faunus Rights Revolution, more popularly known as the Faunus War, humankind was quite, quite adamant about centralizing Faunus population in Menagerie."

Taking a small break to drink from his coffee mug the green haired professor then zooms in front of his desk.

"Now! while this must feel like ancient history to many of you, it is imperative to remember that these are relatively recent events!" he stated as he zooms around the classrooms at surprising speeds.

"Why the repercussions of the uprising can still be seen to this day!" he then zooms again and takes another sip of his coffee before speaking again.

Damian raises an eyebrow as he starts wonder on what their eccentric professor puts in his coffee.

"Have any among you have been subjugated or discriminated because of your Faunus heritage?" he asked.

And with that many of the Faunus students including Velvet raise their hands. "Dreadful, simply dreadful! Remember, students it is preciously this kind of ignorance that breeds violence!" he stated and then takes a sip from his coffee.

And when he did his started to fumble over his words. "I mean, I mean, I mean just look at what happened to White Fang!" he stated.

He then zooms again, "Now, which one of you young scholars can tell me what many theorists believe to be the turning point in the third year of the war?" he asked.

Weiss immediately raises her hand which the professor saw and said, "Yes?"

"The battle at the Fort Castle!" Weiss said proudly.

Zooming back to his desk Professor Oobleck nods his head at his students answer. "Precisely, and who can tell me the advantage the Faunus had over General Lagune's forces?"

Damian was about to raise his hand but as he was doing it, he noticed at the corner of his eye that Cardin was balancing a small folded piece of paper on his table and was getting ready to flick it at Jaune.

Narrow his eyes in annoyance Damian grits his teeth as he raises his foot and lightly stomps it on the ground and in doing so activated his semblance.

His shadow wiggled as it came to life and quickly sleeked across the floor and grabbed the bully by his foot and pulled making him nearly fall out of his seat.

"Hey!" the bully exclaimed in shock and when he looked down the shadow was already gone and had returned to its master.

"Mr. Winchester finally contributing to class! This is excellent! Excellent! What is the answer?" Professor Oobleck asked.

The bully sighs in annoyance as he straights himself up and puts his feet on his desk.

"Well, I know it's a lot easier to train an animal than a soldier." He stated which got him many glares from the students surrounding him.

"You are not the most open-minded of individuals, are you Cardin?" Pyrrha stated.

"What? you got a problem?" Cardin said with hostility.

Pyrrha rolls her eyes as she turns back to her teacher. "No, I have the answer! It's night vision." She answered.

She then goes in detail about her answer. "Many Faunus are known to have nearly-perfect sight in the dark."

Which of course made Cardin made that he got showed up.

"General Lagune was inexperienced and made the mistake of trying to ambush the Faunus in their sleep. His massive army was out matched, and the general was captured." Blake explained.