Chapter 14: Black and White

Ruby grumbles as she wakes up from her slumber.

Sitting up the young huntress yawns and stretches her arms above her head.

And as she opens her eyes she immediately looked down at Blake's still untouched bed and frowns.

It's been 2 days since Blake's secret had been revealed and she has not returned since.

And since Blake wasn't back that meant Damian's bed was empty as well since the Boy Wonder gets up bright and early to look her and won't come back until late at night.

To be honest the only good thing that comes out of this is the fact that they managed to convince Weiss to keep her mouth shut.

And so, once she and the rest of her team were dressed, "they went out to look for the Faunus.

"She's been gone all weekend." Ruby muttered dejectedly.

"Blake's a big girl, I'm sure she can handle herself." Weiss stated still angry.

"Weiss come on. She's one of our teammates." Yang stated.

"Is she? We all heard what she said." Weiss stated.

Ruby turns her head and gave her partner a pointed glare. "Weiss."

"Maybe she is, maybe she isn't. Either way she's missing, and we need to find her." Yang proclaimed.

"A member of the White Fang, right under our noses." Weiss said not dropping the issue.

"I just hope she's ok." Ruby muttered.

Meanwhile at an unknown Café...
Blake sighs as she takes a sip from her cup and then looks at her new companion who so happens to be the monkey Faunus from the docks who she had learned is named Sun Wukong, who was holding his cup by his tail.

"So, you wanna know more about me." Blake said as she sets her cup down.

"Finally, she speaks! Nearly two days and you've given me nothing but small talk and weird looks." Sun proclaimed.

Blake frowns at the monkey Faunus in annoyance but even though she was unamused he still smiled. "Ya! Like that."

"Sun...are you familiar with the White Fang?" she questioned.

"Of course! I don't think there's a Faunus on the planet who hasn't heard of them. Stupid, holier-than-thou creeps thar use force to get whatever they want. Bunch of freaks if you ask me." Sun stated as he went back to taking a sip of his drink.

Taking her own sip Blake sighed as she says, "I was...once a member of the White Fang."

Sun then promptly goes cross-eyed and chokes on his drink, making him put it down and wipe his mouth as he holds up a hand to process this information. "Wait a minute, you were a member of the White Fang?"

"That's right. I was a member for the most my life actually. You could almost say I was born into it. back then, things were different. In the ash of war, the White Fang was meant to be a symbol of peace and unity between humans and the Faunus."

"Of course, despite being promised equality, the Faunus were subjected to discrimination and hate. Humanity still thought of us as lesser beings. And so, the White Fang rose up as a voice of our people. And I was there. I was at the font of every rally. I took part in every boycott."

"And I actually thought we were making a difference...but I was just a youthful optimist...then 5 years ago, our leader stepped down, and a new one took his place. A new leader, with a new way of thinking. Suddenly our peaceful protest were being replaced with organized attacks. We were setting fire to shops that refused to serve us. hijacking cargo from companies that used Faunus labor."