Chapter 34: Never Miss a Beat

"Go Penny!" Ruby exclaimed cheering her friend on.

As anyone could guess right now Ruby along with her team and friends were at the Amity Colosseum and were now watching a fight that had Penny and her partner fighting against Sky Lark and Russel Thrush of Team CRDL.

And right now, Penny had her opponents on the defense since they both were trying to run away from the explosion that Penny had created from her weapon, Floating Array.

And Russel with Shortwings in hand, could be seen running from the mayhem before spinning around, ready to face his opponents.

Penny just smiled at him and with a simple movement of her arm she summons six floating swords from Floating Array and rears them back before launching them in a ring at Russel, who barely manages to duck behind a rock to protect himself.

Once he was sure the coast was clear the green haired boy pops his head up to see what the cheerful girl was about to do next.

Wasting no time, Penny does the same thing with another group of blades, homing in on Sky and they would have hit their mark if it wasn't for Sky using Feather's Edge to vault over another stone for defense.

The two exchange a worried look at the sight of their rocks still pierced with multiple blades, and Penny grins with combat-ready fierceness as she looks to her partner, who simply taps her watch as if hurrying Penny up.

Which confused the audience since she didn't even move a muscle and just made Penny do all the work.

"What is up with her partner?" Damian muttered in annoyance.

Weiss rolled her eyes, "She's a slacker is what she is." The heiress then scoffs angrily, "A person like that doesn't even deserve to be a huntress and gives others with real merit a bad name."

She then grits her teeth in anger, "Not to mention she's from Atlas, which makes it worst!"

"Chill Weiss, no need to be overdramatic?" Yang said not knowing what the big deal is.

"I am not being overdramatic!" Weiss exclaimed angrily.

She then grunts in exasperation and takes a few deep breaths to calm herself down before she spoke again.

"True, not everyone in Atlas is...well off, but Atlas is known as the most affluential place in Remnant which makes others believe that most people of Atlas even the commoners are nothing but snobs. And because of the resident's blatant mistreatment of Faunus it already gives my country a bad name. And that girl's refusal to fight even though it's what she trained for is not making it any better!"

"She has a point." Ruby said agreeing with her partner.

Back with the Fight, Penny raises her hands like a puppet master and uses the near-invisible strings attached to each hilt to lift the giant rocks up in the air, with Russel and Sky still hanging on while screaming their heads off.

Bringing her arms down to her sides, the stones come crashing to the ground as well, leaving Penny's opponents in the grass. Her swords come back to her pack as the buzzer rings.

Still having a smile on her face Penny places her fist to her palm and bows in respect to her fallen foes.

"And victory goes to Penny and Ciel of Atlas!" Dr. Oobleck announced.

"Thank you for a wonderful time." Penny said respectfully.

With that the two victors turn to leave the stadium as Russel feebly reaches out, only to get hit in the head by an errant stone.

Which of course made Ruby and Damian laugh in amusement.

"Come on Dami." Ruby stated as she got up and excitedly walked away to get to Penny.