Chapter 28: Love

Ruby hums as she looks over the various books in front of her.

And as anyone can guess the young huntress is in the library right now and was trying to figure out what book to read.

Usually she'd be in class right now, but because of the Breach class has been canceled for a total of 2 weeks and 1 day.

Not that the huntress is complaining, it really gave her team time to unwind from everything that happened a few days ago

Ruby then smiled when she saw a book to read and went to reach it but unfortunately the shelf that the book was on was too tall for her.

"Oh, come on!" she grunts as she stands on her tippy toes to reach it and even tried to jump up to get it but to no prevail.

And after 3 minutes the young girl was about ready to give up. "Curse my shortness!" she hissed.

"True, you are short." A male voice stated as the person grabs her book and then lows it to her.

Ruby huffed as she takes it, "Thanks." She said and looks back at the person who grabbed the book but to her displeasure it was Damian.

And normally that wouldn't be a problem except for the fact that the Boy Wonder had suddenly hit a growth spurt at the beginning of this month and now he's 4 inches taller than her.

And to add salt into the wounds it also doesn't help that the red hooded huntress is 5'2.

"What?" Damian questioned in amusement.

"Just because you're taller than me now doesn't mean you're still not a short stack compared to the others." She grumbled.

Damian chuckles in amusement and ruffles her hair, "Oh beloved, don't be so sour over your small stature. I think your tiny size makes you look cute."

Which earned him getting a very hard kick in the shin.

The Boy Wonder grunts at the attack but stood his ground.

"Aww, even your kicks are cute." He said teasingly.

Ruby narrows her eyes at him, "Keep talking and you can say goodbye to your kissing privileges for the rest of the year." She threatened.

Chuckling to himself, Damian wraps his arms around her, "Oh now you're just being cruel." He stated as he leans forward to kiss her but Ruby places her book in front of her.

"Nice try pretty boy. Your suaveness isn't going to charm me this time." She stated.

Damian smirked and raises his eyebrow in amusement, "Oh really?" he said playfully as he slightly tightens his hold on the huntress and pushes the book down to look at her.

"Yes really." Ruby said seriously.

The Boy Wonder chuckles as he reaches out with his free hand and pushes a piece of her hair behind her ear.

"You're adorable my beloved."

"Oh, shut up." Ruby said as she as she places her hand on his face and tried to push him away, but the Boy wonder had a strong grip on her.

"But you are." Damian proclaimed as he grabs her wrist and pulled her hand from his face. "But that's only one part of who you are, and out of everything I love about you the thing I love most is your kind and generous heart. You were the only one that was there for me when I as at my lowest and as such, I will always cherish every second that you make my heart feel like it's soaring." And with that he leans forward and kisses the palm of her hand.

And it was at that moment that the huntress was overcome by a lighter than air feeling as her heart seemed to flutter even more groans as her face turns red with embarrassment, "Stop it, you're just trying to butter me up."