Consolation Prize - Tom Hiddleston x reader

ANGST (with a happy ending)

Tom Hiddleston x depressed!reader (Kinda OOC Tom)

Song inspiration: Midnight Love by girl in red (WE DON'T OWN THIS SONG, In the story we are writing it as if the reader wrote it)

Warnings: trashy writing, bad angst, cursing, and maybe some Taylor hate but it's only for creative purposes... :/

AN: btw y'all are beautiful my dudes, and you guys can always talk to us about anything

(^ν^)

Word Count: 3.3K - sorry we got carried away lol

Summary: Tom has been with countless celebrities, and you have always cheered for him on the sidelines, but your heart aches for his love to be requited, although there are no signs in sight. It's unbearable since your heart is too fragile and can't bear your only love to be with another again. You obviously keep this in the dark, since you love him too much to get your own "insignificant" feelings in the way. You are a reputable singer and you make a song secretly about him. At your concert you cry while singing the lyrics on stage and when you go backstage to end the night, you see his face. It's too much for you and you break down in tears in front of him.

" Thanks for waiting through the commercial break! This is Tammy Thompson, on live! Anyways, Tom, what's your relationship with pop star y/n y/l? Because there are rumors that you two have been seen spending time together." The flirty interviewer asked Tom, who was in an interview for his upcoming Shakespearean romance movie.

"Well y/n has been my most closest and dearest friend since our childhood. Our parents used to say we were practically inseparable." Tom replied, laughing politely as the woman interviewing gave a fake laugh at his words.

"Oh so she isn't with you, well, that's good news for all us Hiddlestoners!" She smirked with a tone of disgust at your name into the cameras. "Anyway enough about y/n, let's continue on talking about how much you worked out to play this role!"

You turned off the YouTube video, while closing your laptop. You sighed with a heavy heart. Tom had always been out of your league, even a plastic-faced interviewer could tell. It was 4 in the morning and all you could think about was him.

You were just rewatching his interviews of him over and over, admiring his every move.

You loved him ever since you two were children playing in the woods of his backyard, but he never noticed you, or returned the same amount of love and adoration you have always felt for him.

He would hug you and come up behind you to surprise you with a kiss on the cheek, but you always knew there was no driving force behind it, he didn't love you like that.

That's what broke you every time. He always came to you for love advice, and you always complied, since you knew he would never look at you like that.

It hurt, knowing you would always be 2nd place, just a consolation prize in his eyes.

Your heart ached for his touch, his lips on yours, a single touch of his skin on yours burning with the intensity of a thousand suns. Your heart only wanted to hear him say those three words, you always imagined him saying them.

You spent hours fantasizing about him saying he was an idiot to cancel all those scheduled movies nights to spend instead with Taylor, for canceling all those coffee dates just to go out with his friends, for not returning your calls or messages for hours. Him professing his undying, unconditional love for you and always reminding you of that.