Late Night Love ~ (Loki x reader Coffee Shop AU)

Loki x reader

Warnings: Soft Fluff and Loki in a messy man bun 🥺

AN: Hey guys, it was a lot of fun writing this, hope you enjoy! Stay safe and have a lovely day, also soft!loki is the best Loki!!

Word Count: 711 words

Prompts:

17:"I can't sleep, can I stay here?"

30:"That was unexpected."

Modern! Coffee shop AU

Summary: You're a super overworked college student, and you get your daily caffeine at a cute cafe on campus. Your barista, Loki, sees you there everyday, he even has your order memorized. So who will you go to when you can't sleep in your dorm tonight? Loki, obviously.

——————————

You turned your head down, frantically pulling out your laptop before pushing open the door to your favorite local coffee shop. Damn it, you thought panicked. My projects are due in a week!

Loki saw you stumble in, and he pulled his hair into a bun so he could make your drink. "Chamomile tea again, y/n?" He called across the room, grabbing a cup to start making it.

"Not today, Loki. Black coffee, please. As caffeinated as you can make it."

He quirked an eyebrow with a questioning face. "That was unexpected. You never order black coffee, is something wrong, love?

You let out a tired sigh, typing frantically. "The elective projects are due in a week, and I haven't done one of them yet."

"Only one? You are much ahead of your classmates, there's no reason to panic, darling."

"Thanks, Loki, but I've got to keep up my grades for the scholarship, or they'll boot me out. My reputation as the class workaholic is at stake," you joked, sending him a teasing smile.

"Whatever you say, love. One black coffee coming up."

A few hours passed, and you got through almost half of the project, kicking into overdrive to crank out the designs. Only a few people crept in as the time went by, until Loki tapped you on the shoulder.

"Y/n, I was supposed to close up almost half an hour ago. You should get some sleep."

You shook yourself out of work mode, shutting your laptop down. "Oh, sorry Loki, I'll get going to the dorms, then." You checked your phone, only realizing how late it was.

You got to your dorm, looking through the peephole only to see a huge party with flashing neon lights. In your half-awake state, you realized you'd forgotten there was a party tonight, even though your roommate had warned you already. You couldn't go to your room like this!

So you chased after Loki, running to his dorm that was only in the nextdoor building. It was dark outside, and you crashed into someone while almost at his door. Surprise, surprise, it was Loki. "Oh God, I'm so sorry, are you ok?"

"Never been better." You looked down and blushed, realizing that you were on top of him. "Whoops." You got to your feet, pulling him up, and giving him an apologetic smile.

"Can I ask you for a favor, Loki?"

"Of course, darling, go on."

"MyroommateishavingapartyandIforgotcanIstayatyourplaceplease?"

"This time in English, love."

You took a deep breath, tucking a stray piece of hair behind your ear. "My roommate is having a party, so I can't go to my dorm. Also, I can't sleep. Can I stay here?"

You totally expected him to say no, but he only nodded and let you in. "Sorry if I'm bothering you, I didn't have anywhere else to go."

"You could never be a bother to me, y/n."

You blushed slightly, and Loki handed you a cup of water which you gladly accepted. "Come, we'll watch a movie tonight."

Loki saw you hesitate, and he reached forward to take your coat. "Darling, it's only one night. You deserve a break."

"What movie do you want to watch?" The two of you settled down together on the couch, and Loki started flipping through movie options.

You exhaled, loosening the tension in your shoulders, you looked up to Loki, "Anything you want, I'm just happy being here with you." You smiled as Loki visibly blushed and said a small shy thank you before choosing a Disney movie. You leaned into his shoulder, exhaling softly. Finally, you felt at peace.