Champagne confessions ~ Loki x reader

Loki x reader office!AU - Champagne Confessions

Warnings: Extreme Fluff and some mentions of alcohol

Word count: 800~ (this is kinda short lol sorry)

Office AU (similar to the Florida episodes in the Office series)

Summary: You and Loki and few of your work colleagues were chosen to go on a corporate excursion to promote your company's product down in California. You two were joined at the hip at work and that led you two ending up sharing a room together. You two decide to unwind since it was also a paid vacation as well and after a bottle of champagne, watching Titanic, and random sleepover games, it leads to your inevitable confession of love during truth and dare.

You stepped out of the plane, breathing in your surroundings for you next few weeks. Loki tagged along close behind, snatching your baseball cap off your head and placing it on his own raven locks. "Y/n, we're going to the hotel, so get out of Dreamland, darling."

You stuck your tongue out at him playfully, taking his hand in yours and pulling him to the airport counter to get your bags. "You won't be sassy when we break out the champagne, sweetie." You smirked at him, giving his cheek a small pat and walking forward with your retrieved bags. A little grin broke out on his face. "You're buying, right?"

"Better believe it, buddy." You watched him pull a black suitcase from the trolley in the center of the room, while you looked out the big windows.

"It's getting dark," noted your coworker, Ross, who looked at Loki with a teasing smile. "Let's go, buddy." Which led everyone else to give everyone knowing glances.

Loki blushed a slight tinge of pink, after all, he only acted like that around you and everyone knew it. He shrunk away from the spotlight behind your petite figure, and you quickly changed the topic. Your coworkers, Janice, Ross, Evan, Jacob, and Sheila tried not to laugh, though they all knew you two had been friends all your life, throughout childhood and now in your day jobs and they not-so-secretly shipped you two together.

"What are the sleeping arrangements again, Janice?" She stood up straight, consulting the notes on her phone. "Um, well, there was a miscalculation, and we are one room short. So two people will have to share a room." Nobody budged, knowing that the only ones ok with sharing would be you and Loki.

Jacob spoke up sheepishly, not wanting to sound rude. "Weren't you guys going to hang out together anyway, for like the whole night or something?" You nodded your head, oblivious. "Yeah, duh." Loki nudged you, explaining. "They want us to share, darling."

Your eyes widened, understanding. "Oh... So we're roommates! Awesome, it's just like college all over again! Did you guys know Loki had a mullet for a month in college!? Worst drunk decision ever, am I right!" You started to blabber about your fond memories during college before Loki immediately covered your mouth to stop you.

Loki's face betrayed his embarrassment, and he pulled you towards a taxi, muttering under his breath about you being Satan incarnate.

His face didn't return to its normal color until you two finished unpacking in your room, and you pulled some black nail polish and grabbed a bottle of champagne and two glasses sent up by room service.

He pressed play on Titanic, and grabbed the nailpolish to start applying it to his slender fingers. "So, y/n, two truths and a lie?"

"Lemme grab the face masks first though." You applied one and sat on the comfortable bed, with Loki's head in your lap, playing with his hair. "So... I've never been to Cali before... "

You played for an hour or two before you decided to switch games. "So, y/n, truth or dare?" Loki's eyes glinted mischievously.

"Um, I'll take truth." "Do you have a crush on anyone? Let me guess, Evan?"

Your cheeks turned bright red and a hundred scenarios ran through your head. Oh no.

"Um... Uh... I... Ilikeyou!" The words tumbled out before you could stop them, and you looked down at Loki, whose face was blank. You immediately covered your face with the palms of your hands, mortified of what his reaction may be.

"You like me?"

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry, I just ruined everything!" Tears streamed down your cheeks.

His face showed no emotion, but he grabbed your hands, and he broke out into a wide smile. "You like me. You like me, OH MY GOD YOU LIKE ME!?" He jumped to his feet and tackled you.

Your eyes shot wide open in disbelief. Loki leaned forward and peppered your face with kisses, the final one on your lips. He rolled over, his eyes shining.

"I like you too."