Brother

Averys POV
Later that night

I woke up in the middle of the night feeling really thirsty. I looked over to my bedside table to see my phone in the charger. I check what time it was, 2 in the morning. i decided to go downstairs and grab a glass of water from the kitchen. I pushed my comforter off of me and got out of bed. I slipped on my slippers and walked down stairs. On my way down I saw the front door open and Steven walk in the door.
Avery- Hello brother
Steven- Avery what the hell are you doing up?(he checks his watch) it's 2 in the morning.
Avery- I woke up needing a glass of water. I was on my way to the kitchen. What're you doing home so late?
I questioned him. A look came across his face. I know that look, it's the same look he uses every time he's about to lie.
Steven- I was just hanging out at a bar with a few friends.
Avery- I believe that, but there's one thing you're not telling me.
Steven- What're you talking about. I'm only home at this hour because I lost track of time.
Avery- Steven there's no point in lying to me. Your top two button are unbuttoned, your fly is down, and your hair is all messed up. So just tell me.
Steven- I cant believe i'm about to tell my 15 year old sister about this.
Avery- Stop trying time avoid the conversation and just talk.
Steven- Fine. I was at the bar when this guy came over to me. We talked and drank together. Eventually we went back to his hotel room and...
He was about to continue when he realized that this was his 15 year old sister he was talking to.
Steven- And we had sex. That's all you're gonna get.
Avery- See now was that so hard?
I giggled and i looked over at him, his eyes giving off a "really" vibe.
Steven- yes that's all. it's late so imma gonna got to be and you should too. Goodnight sis, love you.
He said kissing the top of her head.
Avery- Goodnight love you too.

Steven walked off to his room and I went to the kitchen. I poured myself a glass of water and sat on the counter. I began to think about my brother. I realized he never even said his name. I was debating on going up to his room to ask him when I got a notification on my phone. It read "Dress fitting tomorrow". It must be for the wedding. I decided now was probably a good time to go to bed seeing as it was almost 3 in the morning and I had plans tomorrow. I went back to my room and climbed into bed. Before I fell asleep, I thought. I tend to think a lot. I thought to myself, "i'm happy for Steven. I'm glad he trust me enough to tell me things, but i wish he was here more often. Maybe with the engagement and everything else going on he would be around more often." With that racing through my thoughts, I happily fell asleep knowing I may not be alone anymore.