008

𝚇𝙴𝙽𝙰𝚁𝙸 𝙼𝙾𝙽𝙰𝙴 𝙻𝙴𝙽𝙽𝙾𝚇 | 𝙼𝚄𝙽𝙲𝙷𝙸𝙴𝙱𝚁𝙾𝙾𝙺𝙻𝚈𝙽, 𝙽𝚈𝙼𝙳𝙲 𝙱𝚁𝙾𝙾𝙺𝙻𝚈𝙽, 𝙲𝙴𝙻𝙻 𝟹𝟼𝟽

𝙱𝚁𝙾𝙾𝙺𝙻𝚈𝙽, 𝙽𝚈
𝙼𝙳𝙲 𝙱𝚁𝙾𝙾𝙺𝙻𝚈𝙽, 𝙲𝙴𝙻𝙻 𝟹𝟼𝟽

Xenari mean mugged every single correctional officer she walked passed after she had gotten the treatment she needed for her dislocated arm. Her arm hurt like hell and rage was slowly building up inside of her. The rage she felt was hard to contain but she managed. Xenari didn't want any violence or anger getting in the way of her getting out potentially sooner than the 9 years she had left. Not one guard looked her in the eye as she walked passed, each disappointed in themselves for not deescalating the situation. Xenari knew that not one of the guards felt bad for her, because if they did, they would have did something sooner.

She stayed in the nurses office for almost 4 days and in those 4 days a riot erupted. The riot was well expected due to the events that often took place in CDC. It led to many inmates getting injured but also to many of the bad correctional officers quitting because they feared for their lives. The riot had so much fuel that it even made the news and caused a family member to call her for the first in 6 years. The call didn't last long due to Xenari finding out that they wanted to use her for child tax which would lower their bills, which caused her to hang up and ignore the pang in her chest. No doubt, she felt unloved and hurt but did everything to ignore the pain in her chest.

"Lennox!" Yelled out of one the guards.

She blatantly ignored him and continued her walk down the corridor to the rec area where she assumed everyone was at. She had grown to like Kendrick as a person in the past couple of days,  but she made sure not to get attached due to him leaving the following day. Kendrick made sure that they pushed his release day back to the day after she was released.

Xenari noticed she was one of the first couple of people out in the rec area and took her spot on the bench like she usually did. She rested her head on the bleacher behind her and looked up at the sky in attempts to soak in the sun. She hadn't been out since the incident so she was content.

She noticed that not one correctional officer bothered her and kept their distance, making her wonder if Joe had convinced them some how that she was a monster. She shook off the feeling and stared blankly into space until she heard more commotion. She looked to her right and saw that more people were coming out to the recreation area and to her left seeing Kendrick, Hakeem, and Imani making their way over. She sat up and let out a yawn as she rubbed her arm which felt numb every now and then and attempted to smile at the group.

"Fake ass smile." Frowned Kendrick.

She sighed hating the fact that he somehow managed to read her so easily.