013

Music on.

𝚇𝙴𝙽𝙰𝚁𝙸 𝙼𝙾𝙽𝙰𝙴 𝙻𝙴𝙽𝙽𝙾𝚇 | 𝙼𝚄𝙽𝙲𝙷𝙸𝙴𝙱𝚁𝙾𝙾𝙺𝙻𝚈𝙽, 𝙽𝚈

𝙱𝚁𝙾𝙾𝙺𝙻𝚈𝙽, 𝙽𝚈

Xenari stepped off the city bus wearing a black zip up hoodie, sweats, and some old shoes she was given before her release. She held onto her box of belongings and stared up at her new home and new beginning.

Your value is not based on what other people think of you Xen.

She walked into the lobby of the run down building and glanced around lost on what to do next. She had no clue what to do next so she stood there in sort of a daze until someone said her name.

"Ms.Lennox?" The black woman said. Everything from her posture to her looks screamed neat and proper, which came off a little intimidating to a Xenari.

"Yes." Xenari mumbles as she shifts the box in her hand.

"Hi I'm Ms.Joseph, your mentor, I was hired by your C.O Jason to kind of help you adjust to the outside world and guide you to have a better life without any trouble or run ins with the law." She smiled kindly at Xenari.

Xenari didn't know what to say so she just nodded her head as she shifted the box again.

"Not much of a talker are you? Well that's fine, I've already got your keys and I brought you a house warming gift. It's not much"

"Thank you." Xenari says. "Hey do you mind? Kind of helping me up to my room? This box is kind of heavy."

"Oh sure! No problem and if you don't mind we have many to discuss, I hope that's okay with you of course, I don't want you to feel overwhelmed." She said making Xenari nod her head again.

"It's fine." Xenari mumbles as she waits for the lady to lead the way.

Ms.Joseph grabs the big bag full of unknown contents, leads Xenari down the long hallway and up the elevator to floor 4 where her new apartment was.

"Here you are." Ms.Joseph smiles as she opens the door to apartment 406.

The apartment was small but seemingly invited and already furnished with a couch, a small flat screen TV, and a lamp. There was also 2 boxes labeled kitchen and bedroom with balloons.

"I took the liberty in decorating your new home with the stuff I had in my basement. Like I said it's not much but I hope you like it." Ms.Joseph says.

"Oh baby what's wrong?" Ms.Joseph ask when she sees Xenari break down in tears of joy.

"Oh I'm an emotional mess I'm sorry, I've never had anyone do so much for me... I really appreciate it." Xenari said as she wiped her tears.