Chapter 5

content warning: mention of blood

Chapter 5

Running Through You

I groaned as I feel my consciousness slowly come back. Pagkagising na pagkagising ko ay sinalubong agad ako ng sakit ng ulo at tiyan. I slowly opened my eyes and pulled my arms. Mabilisan akong napadilat nang maramdaman 'kong nakataas ang aking kamay.

It was tied with chains connected at the roof. Mas makapal na rin ang bakal na tinali nila sa paligid ng aking palapulsuhan. She really made sure that I won't be able to get out of these chains anymore, huh? What now, she's scared that I might escape after what I did last time? Just like what she said, I'm no match for her, so what is she being scared off?

I should be the one who's scared here. I don't know what their real plan for me is. All I know is that they want to kill me. And, they want to do that so bad. And, I don't know if they have other agendas to do with me. What if that man last time suddenly can't think straight anymore and harass me too? Fuck. I don't want to experience those things anymore.

From what I've heard from their conversation and what that woman said to me, they're planning for a revenge, because of my loved ones? Do they mean my real family? Because I already figured out that Tita Alicia might still have connections with my real relatives. So, what have my real relatives done to them that made them angry so much? So much to the point that they are willing to kill and torture me just for revenge.

Did they kill others too? Did they kill someone important to this woman's family that made them so angry? That's the most reasonable explanation that I can think off. A life for a life.

Then why does it have to be me?! Like, bitch, they can take other relatives who is much more closer to my real relatives than me! My real relatives might not even remember me anymore, so they're just killing and torturing me for no reason at all! Are they willing to waste their precious time on a useless me?! Seriously?

But, what if, they're doing this because I'm important? What if my parents still remembers me? What if they knew that I don't have any protection at all, that's why they targeted me? They knew that I'm defenseless and will be unable to fight them when it comes to these things, that's why they picked me?

But, why did my parents let me go when they already knew that the enemies will come for me?! Why not just protect me, if they can?

Dahil sa inis sa sobrang pag-iisip ay biglaan ko na lamang hinila nang malakas ang aking kamay. I tugged the chains so hard that I almost felt like I will rip my wrists apart. Tumingala ako sa taas at tinignan ang kanan 'kong kamay. Kulay pula na ang paligid ng aking palapulsuhan at kita na rin dito ang mga pasa.

"Fuck!" I shouted out of frustration. Just why, why me?! Why not anyone else? Why does it have to be me?!

Hindi ako tumigil sa paghila ng kamay ko. I tugged it harder than last time. I don't care if my wrists gets torn apart, I'm getting out of this fucking place with or without hands. I have a weird body, so there's a big chance that I will be able to survive without two hands, right? I mean, who knows? I might grow new pair of hands. Well, there's no harm in trying.

Ilang beses ko pang hinila ang kamay ko hangga't sa mapagod ako. Hingal na hingak akong tumingin sa baba. This is useless. Where's my weird powers at?! How the fuck do I use it? Do I only use it when I'm in danger? Do I have to act like I'm about to die here, just for my body to cooperate with me? Kung kailan kailangang-kailangan ko na ang lakas ko ay saka ito hindi lumalabas.

Sinubukan ko naman ang kabila 'kong kamay. I won't get tired of doing this. I need to try doing something!

Napatigil ako sa paghila nang may marinig akong mga yabag sa labas ng pintuan na kaharap ko. Malayo-layo pa ito, kaya nakakapagtaka kung bakit ko naririnig ang mga yabag nito. Is it because of the quiet place?