Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Witch

"I'll find a witch, to help you out of here." That was what Kuya Nick told me on his plan to help me. He said that he'll help me get out of these chains. He said that he'll find a witch, strong enough to break the curse placed in the chains. Knowledgeable enough on different kind of spells.

"Eunice, I already found one. S-She's not as strong as I expected her to be, but she said she can do it," nag-aalinlangang banggit sa akin ni Kuya Nick. His hand was placed behind his head as he was slowly caressing his head up and down. He looked nervous, parang hindi siya nagtitiwala sa kaniyang nakuha witch. "I'll bring her here tonight," pagbawi nito. He tried his best to make his voice believable.

Tumango-tango ako rito at binigyan ng maliit na ngiti. "Okay, as long as I can get out of here."

Nakahinga ako nang maluwag nang marinig ang mga katagang iyon ni Kuya Nick. Kahit hindi pa gaanong kalakasan ang ibigay niya sa akin, wala akong pakialam. As long as someone's helping me, I won't lose hope. I'll get out of here, someday.

And, we waited. Habang hinihintay namin na bumaba ang araw at makaalis si Kuya Nick ay hindi ako iniiwan ni Mama na mag-isa sa loob ng aking kuwarto. She was always there to entertain me. She was always there to check if I was still doing okay. She was always there when I needed someone to talk to. Siya ang kasama ko sa mga oras na nahihirapan ako.

I love her even though it's only been months since we knew each other. She's honestly the only one that I can truly trust. I will love her 'til the last breath that I will take in this world.

Kuya Zion, he still cares for me. I can feel it through his cold action towards me. Alam 'kong kahit hindi siya madalas bumisita sa akin ay may pakialam pa rin ito sa akin. I can see it in his cold as ice eyes. Katulad lamang ngayon, he visited me for the second time in the weeks that I have been chained.

"Mama, can you leave us two for a while?" he politely asked our grandmother.

Mama nodded at Kuya Zion as she gave him a wide, sweet smile. "Yeah, sure," she said and stood up from her seat. Tahimik itong naglakad papunta sa pintuan ng aking kuwarto at tuluyan nang lumabas ng kuwarto.

Ibinalik ni Kuya Zion ang kaniyang malalamig at pagod na pagod na titig sa aking gawi. "Are you doing okay?" seryoso nitong tanong, ngunit halata pa rin doon ang kaniyang pagmamalasakit.

Well, I can fully understand why he acts like that towards me. I hurt my own family for the man I love. Hindi ko na nga lang alam kung paano pa ako napatawad nina Mama at Kuya Nick nang ganoon kabilis. It's like they saw nothing when I literally betrayed them for Drake.

"Not the best, but I'm feeling good enough to stay alive," sagot ko at binigyan ito ng pagod na ngiti.

He slowly raised his hands and drew it closer to me. Napatingin ako sa kaniyang kamay na unti-unting lumalapit sa aking uluhan. It was like he was pulling away, but at the same time, he was pushing it forward. He let out a low sigh as he finally placed his hand on top of my head.

I felt his big hands caress my hair as he spoke. "I don't want to pick sides between you and our parents. But, I just want to tell you that whatever you want to do, as long as it makes you happy, you have my full support," he explained. "It may not be that easy for me to forgive you, just like what Nick and Mama did. But, rest assured that we will all forgive you. We just need time..." he trailed off.

Agad akong nakahinga nang maluwag nang marinig ang kaniyang mga salita. It felt like a heavy weight was lifted off my chest. At least, I know that in some time, he will still be there for me. That he assured me, with his own words, that he will forgive and accept me.