Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Shopping

Instead of thinking about the things that have happened earlier, I decided to entertatin myself on other things. Hours have passed without me noticing. Napatigil lamang ako sa pagbabasa ng libro nang masyado nang madilim sa loob ng aking kuwarto. I stood up from the bed and ran to the door, where the switch of the lights are.

The moment I was near the door, I suddenly heard a loud knock coming from the outside. Without thinking, I hurriedly opened it and looked outside to see who's the person that knocked on my door.

My eyes widely opened, as I saw Drake standing outside of my room. My feet unconsciously backed down to let him in the room. "Do you need anything?" mahina 'kong tanong.

He looked straight into my eyes as he slowly stepped in the room. Without breaking the contact of our eyes, he lifted his hands up.

"Cris," tawag niya sa atensyon ko. Pinagtaasan ko siya ng kilay at tinignan ang papel na nakalahad sa aking harapan. "It's an invitation," he stated.

"For what?" tanong ko at binalik sa kaniya ang aking titig.

"For our father's party." Inilapit niya sa akin ang hawak-hawak na papel. Kinuha ko iyon at binuksan ang loob.

Dear Criselda,

I would love to invite you to my 120th birthday, on XXX. Please do remember to wear something in the color of red or black. And please, darling, wear it with confidence and not fear.

Don't be afraid, yet. We won't bite.

Darius Salazar

My hands unconsciously gripped on the thin paper as I slowly crumpled it. Nanlalaki ang aking mga matang nakatitig sa aking kamay na nilulukot ang binigay na papel sa akin. I breathe in deep and looked back at Drake, who is standing there, staring at my reaction.

"Thanks," wala sa sarili 'kong sabi. I avoided his gaze as I felt a lump on my throat as if it was so hard to swallow. I turned my back at him as my hand crumpled the paper harder.

I heard the door closed together with a tear that fell from my eye. My body started to panic as I try my best to control my sobs together with my breathing. Napahawak ako nang mahigpit sa upuan na malapit. My knees weakened as my whole body collapsed on the floor.

Fuck. It'a too soon. I still haven't gotten enough information. It's still too soon! Their father's birthday is a day from now. It's not enough for me to plan on how to escape. I never thought that they will take me this early.

I spent the night overthinking about the scenes that can happen that day. It will be unlikely for them to kill me in a party that big. It's a party with gowns and suits, it will surely be a grand one. Then, if they won't kill me in the party, they will most likely keep me somewhere nearer to them. Somewhere I cannot escape. Somewhere easier for them to access.

Hindi ko na lamang namalayan ay nakatulog na pala ako sa sobrang kakaisip. I woke up feeling tired. Nang bumangon ako ay agad akong naghanda para lumabas. I quickly ate breakfast and hurriedly went to the gym.