Chapter 34

Chapter 34

Closure

Hindi pa rin ako makapaniwala na wala na si Mama. They took Mama away and said that they need to prepare for her funeral. I don't know if vampires' funeral is the same as humans'. Noong una ay hindi pa ako bumibitaw sa pagkakayakap kay Mama, but Drake pulled me away and tried to calm me down.

Drake took me home and made me rest. He stayed by my side the whole time. It's already been three days since Mama died. And, I still haven't gotten out of my room. I kept crying and crying 24/7, but I think I'm too drained to cry anymore. My body is physically drained that my eyes can't shed a single tear anymore.

Mom and my brothers are busy for Mama's funeral. They are the ones who are accepting visitors. Drake is staying with me in my room and the one who's bringing me food.

I'm sitting on my bed, while hugging my knee to my chest. Nakatulala lang ako sa harapan ko. I didn't even notice that Drake walked past in front of me. Umupo siya sa higaan na may dala-dalang tray.

"Hey, here's your lunch. I cooked it for you... I told your Mom to teach me. I know it's just fried food, but I still cooked it for you," he said and smiled at me.

"Thanks, but I'm not hungry," maiksing at malamig 'kong tugon.

The small smile that he gave me immediately disappeared as his expression changed into a serious one. "Baby, you need to eat. Sayang naman yung effort ko," he said, trying to make me feel guilty to at least start to eat my food.

"But, I'm not hungry. Put it there. I'll eat when I'm hungry," muli 'kong sagot at itinuro ang aking bed side table, kung saan niya ilalagay ang pagkain.

"Kahit ilang subo lang. Or, at least drink water, ma-dedehydrate ka niyan," he said and tried to feed me a spoon of rice with the fried chicken.

I unconsciously shoved his hand away, spilling the food on the bed. Napatingin si Drake sa pagkain na natapon. "I said I'm not hungry!" inis 'kong sigaw.

Napabuntong-hininga ito at niligpit ang kumalat na pagkain sa kama. He cleaned the bed and placed the food on the side table. He walked closer to me and leaned it to kiss me on my temple. "I love you, Cris. Call me if you need me. I will always be here," he said and walked outside of my room. I watched him close the door silently.

Napatungo na lamang ako nang muli na akong mapag-isa sa kuwarto. I leaned my forehead on my knee and slowly rocked myself back and forth. I didn't mean to do that. Hindi ko naman sinasadyang mag-react nang ganoon.

I-its's just that I feel empty. That a large part of me is gone and I don't know if it will ever feel the same again. I want to move on. I want to accept it, that she is already gone but I just can't... I can't, I still can't.

It took me time to finally decide that I'll call Drake. I picked my phone up and dialed his number. "H-Hey, can you come here?" mahina 'kong tanong.

"Yeah, sure, baby," he said. Pinatay ko ang tawag at binalik ang cellphone ko sa drawer. I waited for him to open the door. Nakatitig lang ako sa pintuan, naghihintay na bumukas iyon. Once the door opened, bumungad sa akin si Drake. He closed the door behind him. Lumapit ito sa akin at agad umupo sa kama.

Nakatingin lang ito sa akin, naghihintay ng sasabihin ko. Naramadaman ko na naman ang pag-init ng gilid ng aking mga mata. Makita silang pagod na pagod na. Sa sobrang daming nangyari sa amin sa nakalipas na mga araw, lahat ay pagod na.

Kylie, I don't know what happened to her. All I know is that she's been under the care of her parents. Drake was the one who took care of everything related to Kylie. Ang alam ko ay pinaghihigpitan na ito ng kaniyang mga magulang.