Chapter 8

content warning: blood

Chapter 8

Truths and Lies

I eventually slept throughout the whole ride to the new house. I felt a tap on my shoulders as a whisper slowly creeps in my ear. "Criselda, wake up. We're already here," a deep voice whispered. I groaned as I slowly opened my eyes. I was expecting for the daylight to greet me, but it was still surprisingly dark.

I yawned as I stretched my whole body. Tumigin ako sa gilid ko kung saan nakaupo si Drake, nagsusuot ng sumbrero. "What time is it?" tanong ko sa kaniya at tumingin sa labas ng bintana.

The view outside was so different from the last house. The last house has more of a country side vibes of a house and view, but this, this is just a masterpiece. It feels like I'm in one of the biggest mansions that you only see in the movies. Where there is a fountain in the middle of the path. Green grass that is placed in the right places that shines brightly when hit by the sun.

I looked at the other side of the car, through the window of Drake's side. There was nothing to see there, just a big gray front door.

"It's five in the morning," sagot nito. Nanlaki ang aking mga mata nang marinig ang sagot nito. Five in the morning?! He drove for almost twelve hours straight?! Is that how far this place is from the last house?

"Twelve hours of driving? So, I slept for twelve hours too?" 'di ko makapaniwalang tanong. Wow, I must be really tired for me to sleep for that long.

"Yeah, you were drained from everything," sagot nito at tumingin sa akin. "Are you getting out of the car?"

"Am I supposed to get out of the car?" tanong ko pabalik.

"I mean, if you want to come with me in the garage to park the car, then don't get out," sagot nito at humarap sa manibela.

"Oh, yeah, wait. I'll just step out," nagmamadali 'kong sabi at tinanggal ang kumot na nakapatong sa aking katawan at tinapon iyon sa likuran ng kotse. I was about to touch the lock of the seatbelt, but when I faced the front of the car, Drake's body was already across mine. His body pressing against mine, as his cold skin briefly touched the side of my shoulder.

He reached for the lock of the seatbelt and unlocked it. He even reached for the door of the car and opened it for me. Pagkatapos ay bumalik siya sa pagkakaupo sa driver's seat. "Thanks," ani ko at lumabas ng kotse.

I stood at the side of the big door as I crossed my arms around me. It's still early in the morning, cold wind caressing my skin. I watched as the car slowly disappeared from my vision.

Imbis na hintayin siyang mag-park ng kotse ay dumiretso ako sa labas ng bahay. I stepped on the dirtless cream colored paths. I followed it until I was near the fountain, turned around and saw the big mansion in front of me.

My jaw literally dropped as I looked at the masterpiece in front of me. The whole house is made of white concrete and marbles. The house was well-lit with white lights coming from the inside. Big windows near the front door, where you can clearly see the insides of the house.

Tumingkayad pa ako para tumingin sa loob ng bahay. Even from afar, you can clearly see the big chandelier above the long staircase, in front of the door. Kahit nasa labas lamang ako, I can clearly see how clean and shiny everything is inside.

Napatigil ako sa pagtitig sa loob ng bahay nang may maaninag akong taong papalapit sa akin. I looked at the person in front of me with my twinkling eyes, caused by the light from the house.

"Let's go inside. It's cold out here," sabi nito at itinuro pa ang pintuan ng bahay.

Tumango ako at naglakad papunta sa bahay. Nang makarating ako sa harapan ng pintuan ay nagdadalawang isip pa ako kung bubuksan ko ba ang malaking pintuan o hindi. Is the door too heavy for me to open? Nagulat ako nang sumingit sa gilid ko si Drake at hinawakan ang handle ng pintuan. He opened it in one push, one door widely opening before my eyes.