Epilogue

Epilogue

Finale

Nagising ako nang maaga sa sobrang kaba ko. I'm so nervous because Drake and I are going to go back to their house. It's been a year since everything happened. And, I'm glad that Drake never forced me to meet his parents. He waited patiently for me to heal.

We were staying in a house that Mom and Dad bought back then. They were not using it so they said that we can temporarily live here.

Drake and I were both accepted in each other's family. But, as expected, our families didn't want to meet each other. It was understandable for them to do that.

Maaga akong bumaba sa kusina at nagtimpla ng kape. Napagpasyahan ko na lamang na magluto ng umagahan kaysa umupo sa isang tabi. I picked out some cheese and decided that I'll just make some grilled cheese. It's one of the easiest food to cook, and Drake loves grilled cheese.

Umiinom ako ng kape habang hinihintay na mag-melt nang kaunti ang cheese sa loob. Napatingin ako sa gawi kung saan nakatayo si Drake. He was wearing a white shirt with gray sweatpants. Mapungay pa ang mga mata nito at halatang bagong gising lamang. His hair is also messy.

Tinignan ko ulit ang grilled cheese at binagligtad iyon sa kabilang gilid. The moment I looked at his direction again ay nasa tabi ko na pala ito.

"Morning, baby," he greeted me with his still husky voice and kissed me on my temple.

"Morning. Do you want me to make coffee for you? I already brewed some, o gusto mong ikaw na magtimpla?" tanong ko.

"I can manage," he said and went on my back to hug me from behind. He put his head on my neck and kept on giving me small kisses on my neck.

"Drake, I'm nervous," sabi ko habang ginagalaw-galaw ang grilled cheese sa pan.

"On meeting them?" paglilinaw niya.

"Yeah. It's been a long time since I saw them. Plus, I know that it's been a long time, but I knew that they had something planned for me the last time we met."

I still can't forget the things that have happened the first time we met. But, Diane helped Drake convince their parents to stop all of the chase. Fortunately, they agreed and even said sorry to me and my family. They all reflected on the actions that they did in the past, including my father.

Diane tried to convince their older brother, Eric, but to no luck, she wasn't able to convince him. He just promised to stay away from all of us. Since then, we never really heard anything from him anymore.

"Don't worry, baby. I won't let them hurt you. Plus, I don't know if Kuya will be there. Ang pagkakaalam ko ay madalang na siyang pumunta sa bahay," he said.

Bumitaw siya sa pagkakayakap sa akin at naglakad palapit sa mga kabinet na naglalaman ng mga tasa. He grabbed his mug and poured brewed coffee in it.

Kumuha naman ako ng dalawang plato sa lagayan ng aming mga plato. He was behind me and grabbed a spoon and kissed me on the cheeks before going back to preparing his coffee.

Nilagay ko sa gilid ang plato at pinatay ang kalan. I put the grilled cheese one on one plate and two on the other. "Here's your breakfast," I said and placed it in front of him.

He looked at me while sipping on his coffee. "Thanks, baby," he said after drinking.

Umikot naman ako sa kabilang side ng island table at umupo sa harapan niya. We ate together and talked about some things.

They planned our lunch on their house. So, pagkatapos na pagkatapos ko palang kumain ay umakyat na agad ako sa kwarto at naligo. We need to get ready early, since it will take us about two to three hours to arrive on their house.