02 • dos

———•••#•••———

———•••#•••———

V ; 뷔 | 김 태형

I have finally found her...

She was perfect. An angel sent down to earth. I couldn't wipe the stupid grin on my face as I kept on staring at the door she went out of. God knows how much self control I willed in just to avoid running after her and pulling her to my side. It will only ruin her impression of me if I succumbed to my selfish thoughts, she'll think I'm deranged or clingy. And that's the last thing I want, her disliking me.

If I had it my way I would have hugged her till dawn, then I'll call my parents, introducing her to them. And if I'll get lucky, we'll travel immediately to Daegu to let her meet my halmeoni and harabeoji. They'll love her for sure. Maybe then, my grandparents will ask her to marry me then it will be the perfect time to propose.

But all of it would seem too fast for her. She'll probably won't like how immediate everything is. So the best thing to do now was to just wait patiently. See where everything goes from here.

To be honest, I don't really see the point in stalling. She is mine and I am hers.

I can't help but feel giddy. I have waited too long for this! Ever since I have learnt the concept of soulmates from my grandparents, I started wishing on the stars to grow faster just so I could meet her. I obediently slept early thinking it will speed up the time, eating brussels sprouts so that I'll grow up strong and when the time comes I'll be able to protect her. I even blew on countless of birthday candles wishing she was healthy and well but every year I grew more and more impatient.

It became worse when I turned 17, it was supposed to be the age where chances of meeting her would increase by a lot but I realised, me being from a small town in Daegu was a shot in the dark. What if she was from the bigger cities? Everything is hours away from where I am. It'll be near impossible for us to meet. It will take forever.

So when I got scouted in Bighit, I trained rigorously even when it became dark out.

It was a blessing in disguise.

I discovered that I loved singing. I loved being on stage, and the moment we debuted, making people happy just by hearing our songs brought a sense of accomplishment. It was like I was meant for this all along. Like I had a spotlight.

She became my only inspiration. The reason why I pushed through.

And now she's here! I unconsciously started tapping my foot on the floor, the excitement I was feeling made my insides go high wire. It will probably keep me from sleeping peacefully tonight.

I quickly grabbed my phone from my pocket. I started searching for her. I typed in 'Ronnie'.

First on Naver, then I went deeper and found all of her social media accounts. Jesus, I probably sounded like a creep but I didn't give a damn. I dreamed for this since I was little.