07 • Семь

📌Must Read📌

📌Must Read📌

—The words written in bold italics are words the characters speak in English—

———•••#•••———

Ronnie ; 런니

"This can't be real." Rosie still hadn't believed that I have found my soulmate.

"Chaeng, I've already told you! I have." I scratched the top of my head, slightly getting irritated with my best friend. I continued applying moisturiser on my face. It was already night time and I was here in my apartment doing my skincare routine while talking on the phone with Rosie.

"Okay, okay. I understood you the first time. It just feels so surreal that you've already met yours." She said, sighing dreamily.

"And isn't it scary? You're soulmate isn't just an ordinary idol. He's known globally." Rosie's voice now turning worried as she stared at my face on the screen. "It will cause a huge stir if the fans discover the news that V sunbaenim has found his soulmate."

"That's true. I heard one of the members experienced that already." I stared into space. Pictures of Taehyung smiling kept floating in my mind.

"Just be on your toes, Ronnie. You two are both public figures. The media has been hot on your trail ever since you made a name in the industry. They want you to fail. But I won't hesitate to get my hands dirty if they touch you." She said all too seriously. My heart melted at this. I blinked back the tears that formed in the corner of my eyes.

Chaeyoung was one of the few people that greatly influenced me. Ever since we were in high school back in Melbourne, she encouraged me to come with her to audition and chase our dreams together. Never has she made me feel like I was alone.  She was with me in every hardships. I am beyond grateful.

"I love you, Roseanne." I smiled tenderly at her sniffing form on the screen. "Love you too, Veronica." She almost immediately answered.

"Ew, why are you two crying?" Another voice from the other line said. Rosie turned her head, her camera also tilting to Jennie's confused form. 

This caused us both to laugh hysterically. Jennie quickly took the hairdryer on Rosie's vanity and scrambled out. Her muttering 'weirdos' before she slammed the door behind her.

"We should probably end this. You still have dance practice early in the morning." I reminded her.

"Okay~ Good night, Ronnie!" She blew kisses in my direction and ended the call.