16 • szesnaście

———•••#•••———

———•••#•••———

Ronnie ; 런니

"What?!" Jungkook must have accidentally said that out loud because when we all turned to him, he was already shying away, his ears burning a red tinge.

"I know... Bummer." I stifled a laugh when Taehyung automatically tensed beside me.

"What did you say, Jimin? I dare you to say that again." The poor lad raised his hands in surrender when he sees his friend glaring at him.

"Oh, shut up you two. And what the hell? Since when did you know, Joon?" Jin stood up and crossed his arms, eyeing the now sheepishly smiling guy. He shifted on his seat and now semi-kneeling in front of the oldest.

"It was an accident, I swear! I read a note and boom! I knew about it!" Namjoon did extra movements to emphasise his story. I was about to butt in when Tae beat me to it. He pounded his hand repeatedly on the floor to catch everybody's attention.

"Ask away. Don't gang up on him." The first who raised his hand was the maknae. His shoulders were still slumped and his lips are slightly tugged downwards. "When did you guys meet? Is Ronnie being a new producer intentional?"

I hear Tae's breath caught in his throat by the question. He started coughing, his hand pounding on his chest as he continued to cough loudly. "We met at the cafeteria. I saw him there and I ran." I answered for him. The guys looked at me with full undivided attention as I talked. Their eyes still held genuine curiosity so I continued telling them what happened.

"I knew dating a fellow employee is prohibited in the company so I did what I thought was best at that time. Avoid him." I explained further. "I signed a contract. I can't afford getting fired."

"But meeting your soulmate is another thing. The company openly accepts them. It's just that you two will have to sign another different contract." I turned to Hobi and smiled as he talked. He looked so engrossed by the topic of soulmates. He's leaning in as he listened to everything we say. "Just like what Joon and Eunae signed." Oh. So Namjoon was that member Chaeng has been telling me about. He has found his soulmate.

"That was just three months ago, Hobi. It will be unfavourable for them if the company announces Tae has already met his soulmate." I nodded my head, agreeing to what Joon is pointing out. He's right. Announcing to the public that another member has found their soulmate will be bad for the band's reputation. Although its a lot more liberated now, some are still closed-minded with it. Some fans remain territorial with the boys.