13 • dreizehn

———•••#•••———

———•••#•••———

Ronnie ; 런니

The short break was spent filled with laughs and genuine excitement as we cracked cheesy jokes and funny stories. It made me so happy that I clicked with Bangtan naturally. I really saw their brotherhood even though the meeting was brief. Jimin and Kookie were the ones I felt the most connection with. Not only because they were near my age but because their personality meshed well with my quiet and calm self.

I got their numbers right before the three of us left and we've already made a group chat. The boys were sweeter as I got to know them better. All night we just sent funny edits of their faces and memes their fans made. So when the weekends came, I woke up pretty late. It was already 10:00 am and I was still laying here in bed, contemplating if I should get up or continue sleeping. The answer revealed itself pretty quick when my stomach growled so loudly.

I grunted and pulled myself out of the soft mattress. I sluggishly made my way down the stairs. Freezing for a second when I hear the television make soft noises. Basing from the sound, it was turned to the sports channel. Basketball to be more specific. Ugh, my brother was here.

"Let me guess, you ran out of food again in your dorm." I told the visitor as I hopped off the last step. Vaughn looked up from the screen and broke into a small smile. Kimchi too was awake and was hanging out with him. I went near the couch and threw my body at him, crushing his bones in the process. "Missed you." I said as I squeezed his shoulder.

"My roommate kept eating all of our food. I went here with the hopes of eating but your fridge has the exact same state as ours." His deep voice was muffled by my hair. I felt him peck my cheek when I finally let go. "Should we go grocery shopping? Noona's treat." I offered the poor boy. He nodded eagerly. "Let's be quick. I have a test on Monday." I sighed. Of course he did. He always studies even when there wasn't even a test. Vaughn was practically glued to his books.

"Sure. Just wait here. If you get hungry, there's still bananas on the counter." I ran up the stairs again and quickly got my necessities. I took a five minute shower and pulled up a simple black hoodie and sweats.

I rolled my eyes when I saw my brother memorising something from his phone. Whatever it is, it looked hard. "Let's go." I tapped his shoulder and lead the way to the door. Before I could even touch the knob, he beat me to it. Opening it for me and ushering me to go out first. I hummed in approval. Hehe. I have raised him well.

"Vaughn, can you go find us a cart?" Without a word, he walked to the direction of what seems to be stacks of baskets and carts. We just arrived at the local grocery but my companion here was already attracting too many teenage eyes.