14 • empat belas

———•••#•••———

———•••#•••———

Ronnie ; 런니

"The other equipments are in my car. All we need now is to set it up." Donghyuk oppa informed us after we finished a brief run through with the songs. The sky was already transitioning to a beautiful orange and pink when we finished. It was time. We needed to start now.

All of us got up from our seats and followed Donghyuk oppa to the parking lot. I carried the mic stand, Adora with the stools and the guys with the heavy speakers.

Oh wow.

I didn't expect for us to be complete with everything. I ran my eyes through the different instruments present and the huge speakers at the sides, marking the edge of the so called 'mini stage'. At first I imagined it to be with us just sitting on a random bench and Adora playing her guitar. But then again, all of this was for charity so it had to be big and presentable for the audience.

"I'll sing the first song, don't worry Ronnie." Dokki oppa pat me on the back and sat comfortably on the chair in front of his keyboard. He cleared his throat a few times before signalling us to start playing. My mouth unconsciously formed an 'o' when I hear Dokki oppa's voice. It was so calming and velvety all at the same time. His voice really suited a ballad song.

We began to form a small crowd at our spot. People sat on the stairs of the park while they watched us with looks of amazement.

Some seemed to be our regular audience because it wasn't even near the chorus when people started dropping money on the guitar case. It was as if they already knew the drill. It was fascinating to see, actually.

The audience gave loud claps and a few hoots  when Dokki oppa finished. He expertly explained to the audience our goal for the busking and everyone seemed really pleased and agreed to everything he said. "Ronnie you're next." He whispered to my direction. I made an okay sign and went near the mic, gripping my guitar firmly to start the opening chords.

I smiled when I hear some of the crowd gasp at the song choice. I'm glad they were familiar to it. I closed my eyes momentarily. Savouring the feeling of people appreciating the song we were playing.

When I opened my eyes, I smiled brighter when I saw that the case was slowly getting filled up. Everyone cheered and I gave a small bow.

———•••#•••———

We just finished the sixth song and the Han 공원 (gongweon/park) is already buzzing with people. The stairs are filled with families happily chatting and eating while listening to us. The sun is long gone and is replaced by scattered pretty little stars. The moon is shining silver beams of light, giving off a more vibrant mood to the whole park.