18 • sedamnaest

———•••#•••———

———•••#•••———

Ronnie ; 런니

I was busy humming a tune while walking down the hallway when a pair of hands reached out and grabbed my shoulders, stopping me from walking further towards the direction of my apartment.

The familiar zap on my skin made me break out into an even bigger smile. I looked up and a grinning Taehyung greeted my line of vision. His eyes had turned into crescents, his nose cutely crunching with so much excitement to see me. "Hi, you done with practice?" I asked him. I bit my lip when my voice came out a little higher. The embarrassment becoming evident as I feel my cheeks burning hot when I hear him chuckle.

"Yup! I wanted to see you so I came here. Though, I should have texted first. I didn't know you were out." My smile slightly tugged down. I looked at him worriedly. How long has he been waiting?

Now I felt guilty. I should have drove faster. He looked very tired, eyes having dark circles and shoulders tensed because of aching muscles. Crap. And I have made him wait.

He must have read my expression because his eyes lit up in fraction. "I just got here five minutes ago. Not that long." He told me, his voice light in an attempt to take away my guilt. His eyes then spotted the plastic bags I was gripping. Only getting the silent question now. "Oh! I went to the pet shop."

"Come on. Let's get in." I beamed at him when he offered me a hand. Seeing my veins slightly popping out. Carrying 10 kg of weight was no joke. I let out a huff when my hands finally let go of the heavy bags. My wrists starting to buzz because of the disrupted blood circulation. 

I reached for the keys in my pocket, finally letting us in. I sighed when I sat on the couch. My leg muscles stretching out to ease the tension. "You should have texted me, you know. I could have accompanied you." Tae walked out from the kitchen a glass of water in his hand. I turned to him. Instantly warming when he offered me the drink.

"It was a last minute decision. Don't worry. I'll let you join me in future ventures." I bumped my shoulders with his broad ones.

"I thought you had to go accompany Jungkook somewhere today... Why are you suddenly here?" I asked him, remembering our recent texts last night. Taehyung informed me that he couldn't drop by because Jungkook needed assistance on something.

He remained silent.

I turned to him, my brows furrowing. Huh. Usually when I ask , he would take this opportunity to go on and on about how great his day was or how much he wished for me to be there. My brows dipped further when I see his unreadable demeanour. His unusual behaviour sparking the feeling of nervousness in my gut. I continued staring at him. My mind in a jumble as I skim through our past interactions.