20 • twenty

———•••#•••———Earlier Before: The Date

———•••#•••———
Earlier Before:
The Date

V ; 뷔 김 태형

I was shaking.

Nervous is an understatement as to what I'm feeling. I just arrived in her apartment complex and not even five minutes in, my senses have become hypersensitive. All of the things surrounding me could potentially get me to cardiac arrest. Sitting in the lobby to wait — I now realize is a very bad idea. Every person that steps out of the elevator has me sweating cold bullets. I gripped at my thighs, desperately trying to stop my legs from shaking. Anything just to get me distracted, I grabbed my phone from my pocket. Texting Ronnie is probably the best solution. Why haven't I thought of that earlier?!

Tae ✌🏼:
I'm here at the lobby
Sent 4:34 pm

Tae ✌🏼:
But take your time, still
Sent 4:34 pm

I text her shortly, playing it cool even though I feel like the exact opposite. I might even accidentally pee myself because of the nerves.

Get yourself together, Kim Taehyung. Get yourself together. I think to myself like a mantra, a sad attempt to hypnotise my mind into being confident.

I swear, I'm not like this. I was never like this. But I just can't help but let out another heavy sigh as I look at the clock. I don't even know why I'm nervous. Does Ronnie make me nervous? Yes. Am I new to this dating set up? Another yes. So do I not want to see Ronnie? Hell no. If anything, I wanted to do this for a very long time. To take my soulmate out on a date was a dream.

With the job I'm in, it was only normal to do things out of my comfort zone. But here I am, almost hyperventilating as I wait for her in her apartment lobby. The guys will surely tease me when I get back. I will never get to hear the end of it. How they caught me embarrassingly pulling my hair out just to find the perfect outfit for this day. I cringed as the scene played out inside of my head.

"Yah! It's late in the night, can't you turn off the li—" Seokjin hyung groggily bursted through the doors, he was rubbing his eyes distractedly, only making a complete halt when he caught me drenched in sweat in our cramped up walk in closet, holding the ends of my hair while stomping my feet hard on the floor. "What the—" He gaped at me for a moment before a smirk slowly made its way to his thick lips. "Oh this is good... WAIT TILL I GET THE OTHERS! HAHA!" Before I could even stop him, he was already yelling down the corridor like a complete psycho, knocking loudly at each of the members' doors. "That motherf— YAH! YAH! HYUNG PLEASE STOP!" I ran after him.