Chapter 4. Astrid's Banishment

And was he right. A few years had passed and Loki had found a secluded area on Asguard where he and Astrid spent their days together and away from prying eyes. The feeling of her nimble fingers running throuhg his raven hair. Their looks very contrasting yet so complimentary. She meant so much to him that he wanted her to be his wife, but he knew that she would refuse due to her duties to look over the nine realms. His emerald eyes peered up at the woman he had admired. Astrid smiled at him and leaned down to press her forehead aginst his. A sign of endearment. Though a kiss would mean more he didn't argue. In fact, he would lean up to kiss her forehead to which would always earn a slap on the arm and made him chuckle. He placed a hand on her cheek and caressed his thumb across her cheek, making her smile at him.

"You know I can't stay for long." Astrid smiled at Loki who hummed and stared at her with mirth in his eyes.

"What if I keep you here and you can't leave?" Loki jested, earning another slap to his arm and Astrid laughing.

Their laughter slowly faded as they both felt something unsettling in the air. The two were about to attack, only to have Astrid trapped under Asguardian soldier's blades. Loki was pull away from the trap and Odin soon emerged from his hiding place.

"So, you have been harboring this girl from me my son?" Odin asked in a rather calm tone.

"It's not what you think, father." Loki stated. "I was going to bring her to you so you can have her power."

Astrid sat there in shock, and noticed that Loki was avoiding her murdurous gaze. Hurt and distrust made her not transform and attack Odin and Loki. But Odin walked between his son and Astrid and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Do not lie to me, Loki. I see how you look at her and how you smile at her." Odin said in a humble tone and looked down at Astrid who was still glaring at them with such hate. "But, she has promised to not be here many years ago and she is breaking her treaty as guardian of all the realms. So, she leaves me no choice than to banish her from Asguard."

"Father, please be reasonable." Loki begged.

"I am being reasonable. Take her away." Odin ordred.

Two guards were about to pull her up to her feet, but she put a hand up to stop them and stood up herself. She brushed off her skirts and follwed the guards to the portal. Loki watched her be escorted away and saw the disappointment in her eyes at what he lied about. Odin placed a reassuring hand on Loki's shoulder who glanced down and looked over to his father.

"You may see her off." Odin said making Loki look at him in surprise.

Loki quickly followed the guards and Astrid. As the reached the portal where Heimdall awaited them, the guards dispersed down to three guards around Astrid. Loki jogged pass the throng of guards and hurried up to Astrid. He spun her to face him and pulled her into a tight embrace, but she did not reciprocate the action. The guards were about to separate them, but Heimdall raised a hand and allowed the two to have a moment before she was sent off.

"I'm so sorry, I was trying to keep you safe." Loki whispered.

"By telling your father that you were just going to offer me to him like a prized stallion." Astrid hissed.

"Never. I would never let him take you." He declared and cupped her cheeks.

Astrid placed her hands on his and gently pulled them off her face. She looked up to him and he could see that she had forgave him. Leaning towards him, Loki closed his eyes anticipating on something but he felt her lips press against his cheek. He grasped her hand in his and felt something in his hand and grasped something small that she gave him.

"I'll be seeing you soon, I promise." Astrid whispered in his ear and pressed another kiss to his cheek before walking towards the portals entrance.

"As gate keeper under the King. You are banished from Asguard." Heimdall proclaimed and placed his sword into the portals main system where the bridge began to power up.

Loki took a few steps back as Fosbite opened. Astrid looked over to Loki and smiled softly before stepping into the portal and instantly vanished. As she was sent out and portal suddenly closed. Heimdall walked over to Loki who was still looking at where Astrid was last.

"Heimdall, where is she?" Loki asked.

"Vanaheim. She is looking up at the stars and smiling. Although broken by what you said, she is hopeful to see you again." Heimdall replied.

Loki glanced at his closed hand and slowly opened to see one of her moon stones that was part of her circlet.

Pocketing the stone and with a somber nod, Loki thanked him and headed back to the kingdom. How could his father take away what is most precious to him as if she was nothing. But it was probably best for Asguard for her to leave. But he couldn't shake the feeling of not having the woman he had cared for taken away just like that. As he walked through the halls, he noticed Thor and Sif discussing about their most recent travels. Then an idea came. Stupid, but it was worth a shot. They were needing to go to Muspelheim and it wouldn't take much for Thor to gather the Warriors three and Sif to head to Muspelheim in two weeks time.