Chapter 7. Coronation, The Truth and Desire

The visions became more vivid and in full detail, some details she didn't want to believe were true. It was Thor's coronation day for him to be named King of Asguard by Odin himself. The halls were decorated and crowds filled the halls. Astrid was not one for celebrations like this, but she dressed in her royal garb and stood behind Loki who also was in his royal garb as well as his helmet. Why that style to have such large horns was beyond her, but it suited him rather well. Astrid wore a white with light blue accent dress that draped over her arms and shoulders along with a silver circlet that was elegant and had small pale blue gems as small flower buds. Loki took a glance at Astrid and couldn't help but feel proud to have her by his side. She adjusted her crown and noticed Loki looking at her, making her blush slightly and walk over to him and take her place just behind him on his right side.

"You don't have to always walk behind me, Astrid. You can be at my side as an equal." Loki stated as he gently guided her to his side with a gentle tug on her hand.

"My apologies, my prince. But I am just your partner and advisor at most." Astrid replied in a humble tone.

Both she and Loki smirked at her response as they both knew that there was more between them, but let it go to the way side. Loki sighed and offered his arm to Astrid to which she took as if it was rehearsed and the Warriors Three along with Lady Sif soon came behind them.

"My my, do my eyes deceive me? It looks like Astrid and Loki are about to be wedded." Fandral spoke making Loki look over his shoulder.

"At least I have a faithful woman who is always a catch and not when I'm drunk." Loki replied, earning a small fit of laughter from the others.

Hogun clapped his hand on Fandrals back. "He caught you red handed on that, my good man."

After their fit of laughter, they all calmed down and were ready to take their places at the steps at Odin's throne. As the doors opened, the crowds roared with cheers and applause as they all walked in two rows with Astrid and Loki leading the way. Crowds and ceremonies was something that Astrid was not comfortable with, but to be here for Thor was something she couldnt' miss. Taking the steps, Astrid was two steps above where Loki stood. All six of them bowed to King Odin who nodded and struck his staff to make it echo across the room. Nearly everyone looked back to the doors and soon Thor came out, roaring in cheers as it was his day to finally be named King of Asguard.

Astrid shook her head and rolled her eyes as Thor was waving to the crowds and blowing kisses to some of the maidens. She looked down at Loki and smiled at him but something was troubling her. Astrid knew that Loki was wanting to be king, and he had every right to feel that obligation as he was just as great if not greater than Thor. She knew of his deep jealousy toward Thor, but also knew that he did genuinely cared about him as well. As Thor took a knee, he winked Sif who rolled her eyes, then to Astrid who shot a glare at him. As the coronation started, Astrid began to have the visions once again of the Frost Giants breaking into the vault and trying to take the Casket of Ancient Winters and the Destroyer demolishing them into nothing. But this time she saw a gateway in the vault. A gateway that was never there before. Someone placed it there, but she couldn't tell who did. She felt a dull and throbbing pain in her head that made her close her eyes and try to shake it away as discreetly as possible. But Loki sensed her discomfort and began to open their telepathic pathway.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't know... something bad is happening...it's..."

"Frost Giants." Odin suddenly said making Astrid look over to the current king.

With a loud thud of his staff, The Destroyer activated and defended it's precious artifacts and took down the Frost Giants that had got into the vault. It wasnt' long till Odin stood and began to walk down the stairs from his throne.