Chapter 14. Battle of N.Y.C. and Heading Home

The whole ordeal was a whirlwind and insane. Astrid was standing on the balcony of Stark Tower with Loki's arm around her waist with her more extravagant outfit on and her ornate circlet. She could see that this was not going to be peaceful or simple. Chaos will reign and destruction will follow closely behind. Chitauri will soon be in New York and only time will tell when the portal will open. Her thoughts were disrupted when she felt a pair of lips kiss her cheek and feel them smile against her soft skin.

"Beautiful. absolutely beautiful." Loki purred in her ear.

Astrid nodded slightly and looked out to the beautiful and peaceful city that was New York. "It is a beautiful city."

"That's not what I was referring to." He added.

Astrid looked over to him and could see that... he was genuine. Was it genuine? She was so confused and she could see he was confused but, confident and sure of himself. His eyes glazed over as he smirked at her and leaned down to seal his words with a kiss on her lips. She placed a finger on his lips, making him look down at her as she was un-amused at his actions. In fact, she was now unreadable. Her eyes were blank and she kept a poker face that could even make Odin unease about what she was thinking.

Her eyes flickered towards the sky, making Loki turn his attention and see Tony Stark flying towards the landing platform where his suit was being taken off his for. Loki began to head inside, taking Astrid by the hand and walking her inside as well. As they all walked in, Tony gave her a wary look but shrugged his shoulders.

"So, you and reindeer games are a serious thing. You know you two would be rather cute and have very cute kids." Tony started as he walked to his bar. "And this time, I'm going to threaten you."

"You should have kept your armor on." Loki replied as he walked over to Tony.

"Getting low on milage and you know. You sure you don't want something?." Tony said.

"Trying to stall me?" Loki chuckled.

"Oh no, still a threat." Tony added and looked over to Astrid who could begin to see what was going to happen before her. "I'm going to have a drink."

Astrid saw Loki walk towards the window where she stood and begin to grow impatient with Tony. "The Chitauri are coming, and there is nothing that you can do to stop..."

"But the Avengers." Tony spoke up, making Loki turn and look back at Tony. "That's what we call ourselves now. Earths mightiest hero's." He rolled his eyes and took a brief look over to Astrid and she couldn't help but gulp slightly.

Loki looked over to Astrid and then to Tony. He pulled Astrid behind him as a way to keep her away as a possible target. Astrid could tell Tony was stalling and sending out a threat, but she had no clue as to why they kept making eye contact. As Tony began to make a headcount of sorts, Astrid looked over Loki's shoulder and saw Tony look over to her and could see Tony looking at her dead in the eye and could see some affirmation from their eye contact. As if he understood that she was just another body stuck in this situation against saving the world and being loyal to someone who she has been with for years. As Loki tried to take over Tony and failed, anger took over Loki's mind and he threw Tony out the window.

Astrid watched as the glass littered the floor and what looked like a red and gold torpedo launch out and chase after Tony. Loki was knocked to the side to which Astrid went to his side to help him to his feet. "Are you alright?" She asked.

"There's one more person you pissed off." Tony hovered up. "His name was Phil."

As Loki pulled out his staff to shoot at Tony, Tony was just faster and knocked Loki back into the building. Astrid jumped back and looked over to Tony who was looking at her now. "Are you with us or with antlers?"