Chapter 6. Promises Made

Already had it been a long day with training with Frigga and Astrid watched as Loki honed in on his skills for teleportation. Astrid had fallen into her knew roll as compeer so well that she was Loki's shadow and usually, well at least most of the times, she would keep him in his place. Frigga was glad to have her with Loki as she had noticed her son much happier now that Astrid was here on Asguard. Astrid had now changed from a pure white outfit to a white dress, and hues of blue and gold and a circlet that was much less flashy and more simple yet beautiful that was a gift to her from Loki. Firgga walked over to her and sat next to her while Loki continued his teachings. Astrid stood and curtsied but, Frigga placed a hand on her shoulder and smiled.

"My dear, you don't have to bow every time. You'll hurt your back if you continue." Frigga giggled and sat down, patting a spot next to her.

Astrid sat down and looked over to Loki who had watched his mother and her sit down, but smile at Astrid to which made her smile back. Frigga could see that both her son and Astrid had strong feelings for one another and could see that they would do anything for one another. Even if it meant betrayal just to keep the other safe. Loki had gone back to his teachings to which Frigga looked over to Astrid and took her hand in hers, making the young woman flinch and look over to Frigga.

"You care about him, don't you?" Frigga asked, making Astrid gasp for words only to have Frigga raise a hand and smile. "No need to explain, I've watched you two and how you both look at one another with such commitment and undoubted unity. You two would make an amazing-"

"Begging your pardon, but... you know we couldn't. Not unless I choose so." Astrid flashed a small smile and looked back at Loki.

Frigga nodded and squeezed her hand. "Just promise me one thing, please. From a mother."

Astrid faced her and was attenative. "Anything, your majesty."

"Never leave Loki's side. He needs you whether you know that or not." Frigga looked at Astrid. "Promise me you'll stay with him."

Astrid nodded earning a relieved smile from Frigga. "I will, till the day I die my queen."

"Are you preparing your wedding vows?" Loki smirked with his hands behind his back earning a playful glare from Astrid and a much deserving smack to the arm.

Frigga laughed as Loki rubbed his arm and chuckled as Astrid stood and placed a piece of his raven hair back in place. Loki smiled softly at Astrid whom returned the smile and quickly cleared her throat and took a small step back and stood by his side only to see Frigga with a broad smile. Astrid had a small blush to which made Loki smirk. Frigga smiled and kissed her son whom smiled and nodded.

"Thank you, mother." Loki nodded and glanced at Astrid whom bowed in respect to Frigga and earned a small chuckle from the queen.

As they said their farewells, Loki and Astrid headed to the royal gardens with him leading and Astrid his shadow. He led them to a view of the pristien waters and the beautiful view of the valleys. He placed his hands on the stone railing and took a deep breath and glanced over to Astrid who was standing only a couple feet behind him. He turned and now leaned against the railing and crossed his arms and legs with a smirk that made Astris raise a brow in curiosity. She knew he was always thinking about something, but how he was looking at her made it hard for her to read his body language or his eyes.

"What were you and mother discussing about?" He finally asked.

"You of course." Astrid replied just a quick.

"Oh? Well I hope good qualities, I don't want to be deemed as mean, deceitful, or mysterious." Loki smiled and beckoned Astrid over.

Of course, she walked over to him and kept a foot distance between themselves and soon she crossed her arms and jutted her hip to one side in such a sassy manner that Loki hummed and placed his hands up in mock surrender.