Kabanata 26

Kabanata 26

I was nervous because today Sath and I will talk to Czanne. I really didn't want to see her because of what she told me but I wanted to prove that I was matured enough to handle her.

Ganito naman dapat ang mga problema. Pinaguusapan at hindi tinatakbuhan. Pero pakiramdam ko ay mas gusto ko na lamang ito takasan. I didn't like confrontations.

Sath assured me that no physical fight will happen. Hindi naman daw ganoon si Czanne.

I saw Czanne walking towards us. Some students from our school notices her and greets her. She's really known to others, huh?

Czanne greeted me with one of her smiles. Naningkit kaagad ang mga mata ko. She had the audacity to smile at me?

"So, what's the problem? Did I hit a nerve the last time we've talked?" Czanne asked while sitting infront of us.

She sounded so...nonchalant.

Parang wala siyang sinabi mali sa akin.

We're at a nearby café. Malapit lang ito sa school dahil alam namin na mamaya ay may gagawin pa kami. This will be just a small talk.

"Czanne, can you stop using that tone? It isn't helping at all." Sath said, looking at Czanne with his serious eyes.

Napakagat ng labi si Czanne. She looks at Sath like he did her wrong.

"Your girlfriend's immature. I used to do things like that even way before Senior highschool. Do you really expect me to just stop because of her, Sath?"

Umiling si Sath kay Czanne. I was just watching them converse with each other.

"From the start, I never wanted any of that. Ilang beses ko bang sasabihin na may girlfriend ako at kung pwede ba tigilan mo na 'yung mga ginagawa mo para saakin? Things are not the same anymore, Czanne." Bumuntong hininga si Sath.

Czanne lowered her head, her neck appearing to shrink. Hindi siya makatingin sa'min ni Sath.

"What changed, Sath? Siya ba nagsabi sa'yo ng ganyan? She's being immature. Some girls are mature enough to know that boys can have girls as friends too!" Czanne said, her soft spoken voice reaches it's highest peak.

"Do you like me, then?" Sath asked, not removing his gaze at Czanne.

Czanne couldn't answer. Napaawang ang bibig ko. She knows she like Sath but she keeps claiming that they're only friends!

Tingnan mo ang isang ito! She kept on saying that there's no hidden motive but she can't even say that she doesn't like Sath. Lalo lang akong nagkaroon ng inis sa kanya.

Sath shrugged, half-heartedly.

"That changes everything, Czanne. Stop using the excuse we're friends to justify the actions you're doing for me. The mere fact that you like me already creates malice." Sath holds my hand.

"That's not it..." she drawled, avoiding eye contact with us.

"Czanne, please just stop. We can be friends but there's nothing more than that. I love Zafirah enough to know that I'm willing to lose relation with other people to be with her."

This time, she looked at Sath with misty eyes. Nangingilid ang mga luha niya.

For some reason, my heart ached upon seeing her expression. Galit ako sa mga sinabi niya pero hindi ko naman siyang gustong masaktan nang ganito.

"You're choosing her over me?" Czanne's voice croaked as she glance at me. I also looked at her with the same intensity.

Sath abruptly shook his head. He closed his eyes to shut everything out.