Sokeefe! By @PyrokineticGirl25

By PyrokineticGirl25

Pacing back and forth across his room, Keefe muttered, "But what if she doesn't like me back? This could ruin our whole friendship. And she's dating Fitz! He's my best friend. Plus, he's perfect! The perfect person for someone as amazing as Sophie. I'm broken! Sophie deserves far better-"

"Hey lover boy, you done overthinking your feelings?" Ro interrupted Keefe's panic session. Keefe groaned and flopped onto his bed, burying his head in his pillow. Walking over from the hallway, Ro snickered at the lovestruck teen.

Sitting up, Keefe attempted to glare at Ro, but just ended up falling back onto his pillows. Rolling her eyes, Ro told him, "Man up! Keefe, she's way too good for you. Out of your league. Amazing! The moonlark. She's-"

"Not helping!" Keefe cut her off. Ro sighed and continued. "What I mean is, your chance is slipping away. You have to tell her how you feel! If it doesn't work out, the worst that would happen is what happened with Dex, and they are fine now! You have to take this chance. Take the leap of faith."

Keefe snorted. "Leap of faith? Didn't know the troll princess was poetic."

Ro shoved him out the door, calling to him from behind, "If you don't man up and tell her, I'm covering you with flesh-eating bacteria when you sleep!"

Keefe turned around and stuck his tongue out at her, and then light-leaped to Havenfield.

Arriving at Havenfield, Keefe took a deep breath and rang the doorbell. There was nothing to be nervous about! Grady and Edalin were gone on a trip, and if she rejected him then they would still be friends. It'll be ok. It'll be ok! Keefe told himself, trying to calm his jittery nerves. The door opened and Sophie appeared at the door. Keefe took a double take. Sophie was wearing a black sweatshirt with some human pants and had dark circles under her eyes, along with tear streaks. "Woah...Foster, what happened?" Keefe asked, worried, joking demeanor gone.

Sophie shook her head, replying, "Keefe, it's nothing. Please, just... just leave..."

Keefe shook his head stubbornly, refusing to go. "Sophie, something is wrong. Here, take my hand." Confused, Sophie hesitantly reached out a hand, and Keefe light-leaped away with her.

They arrived, and Sophie began to yell. "Keefe Sencen, stop! Now is not the time! Fitz- Fitz broke up with.. with me..."

Keefe's eyes widened, and the first thought that came to mind was, 'Good! Now I have a chance!' Keefe angrily diminished that thought. Now wasn't the time to make Sophie have even more things on her plate. Right now, she needed a shoulder to cry on.

Taking her hand, Keefe showed her where he had brought her. This was somewhere Keefe had never shown anyone. He had cried here, painted here, laughed here, and so much more. And now he was sharing it with the love of his life. It was an ocean cliff, with soft grass and a big, shady willow tree. They spent the rest of the day there, talking, laughing, and having fun. Keefe brightened Sophie's day, made her laugh, and took her mind off of her despicable ex boyfriend.

As the sun began to set, Keefe put an arm around Sophie as they watched the sky turn into a swirl of orange and pink. Leaning his head on Sophie, Keefe slowly fell asleep, and Sophie smiled. She would never have a way to thank him. Keefe was always there for her, always able to make her laugh, always kind and caring, would do anything for her...

Sophie's eyes widened as she came to the realization.

She was in love with Keefe Sencen.