Cinnamon Rolls (Dlinh) by KlarinetKat

A/N Eyyyyy, I used to ship Dlinh. Well, not anymore, but it would still be pretty cute I have to admit. I got this idea while playing the piano, lol. Also sorry this is like super short and un-edited, hehe. In addition, I just realized that this is more platonic than romantic, except for the handholding. So take it any way you want, platonic or romantic. This was really fun to write and I put some jokes in there AND a vine reference, hah. Anyways, enjoy! (P.S. Halfway through writing this I realize that it has a little bit of Kam because honestly I can't stay away from Kam, I'll find it in literally any scene and start writing it subconsciously, I'm weird like that. *Insert tears of laughter emoji here*)

"Hey Linh, wanna go somewhere today?" Dex asked.

"Sure!" Linh replied cheerfully. She rolled off the bed onto the floor and then got to her feet and walked over to where Dex was standing in the doorway of her bedroom. The pair had been dating for a month now and Dex came to visit her often. Tam didn't mind, in fact he had said once that Dex was practically the only boy that he would've let date Linh. Dex took her hand in his and they light leaped to Atlantis.

"So where do you wanna go?" Dex asked as they reappeared in the bustling city.

"Hmm..." Linh said. "I heard a new café opened somewhere around here. And Sophie said that they serve human drinks and desserts!"

"Ooh! Sounds cool," Dex grinned. "Let's go look for it."

And so they set out and walked the streets of Atlantis hand in hand, looking for the small cafe. However, they soon became hopelessly lost.

"Umm...any ideas?" Dex asked.

"Hehe, sorry, I'm just as clueless as you," Linh replied. They sat down on a bench to try to reroute and find another way to get to their destination. That's when they saw their five other friends walking up to them.

"Hey you two!" Keefe called. He sped up to them with Sophie, Fitz, Biana, and surprisingly-Tam in tow. "Whatcha guys doing here?"

"Tam?" Linh asked with a slight smirk. "So this is where you were when you told me you had 'things to do'?"

Tam looked at the ground and blushed. "Yeah..." He mumbled.

"Well we came to look for the new café that opened up," Dex explained. "But we got kind of lost and have no idea where we are."

"Never fear! The Keefester is here!" Keefe shouted, pumping his fist into the air dramatically. Everyone(except Linh of course) rolled their eyes at his antics. "I actually happen to have been there yesterday, so I know where it is!"

"Wait...but you were at my house the whole day yesterday, and when you left you said you'd finally get your homework done..." Fitz said, raising his eyebrows suspiciously. His eyes widened in realization. "HEY! DID YOU EVER GET YOUR HOMEWORK DONE???"

Keefe sighed, "Don't worry mother I have time. Anyway, follow me!"

Everyone rolled their eyes at Keefe's antics but followed them nevertheless as he more or less skipped through the city, until they finally reached a small brick café with wide windows with drawings of sunflowers done on them in marker.

"Awww how sweet!" Linh gushes, pointing at the sunflower drawings.

"What now?" Tam mumbles. "Are there gonna be cats in there that we can play with? Rainbows for us to chase? Or-I know, everything will be covered in glitter."

Keefe nudged Tam and then grinned. "Admit it, you think it's cute too. Empath, remember?"

Tam quickly moved and hid behind Dex's (did I mention in this oneshot Dex has gotten his growth spurt, and even got an additional one so now he's slightly taller than Fitz? Hahahaha) tall frame. "That's it. I'm never standing next to you again."

Keefe grinned once more and in a flash had a strong grip on Tam's arm.

"Let me go!!!" Tam exclaimed, trying to wrench himself free. Keefe simply smirked and shook his head. Then, by some holy power (it was Lord Asahi) he managed to get Tam on his back, with Tam's arms on Keefe's shoulders. "Ugh! I hate you!"

Keefe's smirk only stretched wider. "Yeah, that's not what your emotions are saying..."

Tam (for the first time in foreverrrr) turned a deep shade of red, causing everyone else to snicker. "Sh-shut up..."

"Okay, let's go in," Fitz said. Everyone walked into the shop(except Tam, who was still being carried by Keefe) and took in the beautiful place.

It had this warm airy feeling to it, and it smelled of cinnamon and sugar. The gang walked over to the glass display case and looked at the selection of pastries and sweets.

"Oooooh that looks good!" Linh said, pointing to a pastry in a swirl shape, with a white sugar drizzle on top.

"Mmm it does," Dex agreed, smiling at Linh's excited face. He turned to the woman at the counter. "Two of those please," He pointed at the pastries. The woman nodded and smiled, accepted their money and gave them the sweet delights.

Everyone else ordered as well, and they all sat down outside on a bench.

"Oh meh fofh, thish ish so good!" Biana said, her mouth full of a red velvet cupcake, which roughly translated to, "Oh my gosh, this is so good!"

Sophie smiled. "Yep. I love red velvet. See? Humans have good food too."

"I have to second Biana's statement," Fitz said, in between bites of his chocolate croissant.

"Me too!" Keefe exclaimed, jumping in front of Fitz and almost knocking his croissant out of his hands.

"Aah!" Fitz exclaimed, almost losing his balance. Once he regained it he huffed. "Stop! I could've dropped my croissant!"(Yes. Yes I did in fact write that.)

Keefe shrugged, and resumed eating his slice of lemon meringue pie.

"What did you guys get?" Sophia asked Dex and Linh. They both looked up from their treats and showed them to Sophie.

"We don't know what they're called, but they looked good, and now we know they taste good too!" Linh smiled.

Sophie's jaw dropped. "Oh. My. Gosh."

"What is it Soph?" Dex asked, slightly concerned.

"That's cannibalism!" She exclaimed, pointing at Dex and Linh.

"What???" They asked in unison. Everyone gave Sophie weird looks.

"Those are cinnamon rolls you're eating!" Sophie explained. "And you guys are cinnamon rolls too!"

"Um...I'm pretty sure they're not sugary pastries Foster," Keefe said.

Sophie shook her head. "In the human world, back where I lived we spoke English. Now a cinnamon roll might be a dessert, but it can also refer to a really sweet, kind, caring and innocent person. Linh and Dex are complete cinnamon rolls, so they're eating themselves!!!"

After that explanation Keefe doubled down, hands on knees, and burst out into laughter. "Oh my gosh this is priceless!"

Linh and Dex exchanged a glance and shrugged.

"But that definition does fit them perfectly!" Biana realized. "Wow. Now we've coined a term for them."

"Sure," Dex sighs with a smile. He wraps an arm around Linh's shoulder and she smiles too. "Cinnamon roll squad unite!"